Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going through hell trying to use the turn six style l.e.d. i gave up because they hit the ram air tubes. (Dont know how some people did them)
These look much better anyway and fit near flawless!
I used lockhart phillips spacers part number 203348
Lockhart phillips smoked gsxr aero l.e.d. signals 1226401
Lockhart phillips l.e.d. universal flasher 1227500

I got some glue called plastic weld from autozone.

First you must pull off the whole front fairing and headlight
Mix the glue and glue the spacers in from the back side so the step up on the spacer fills the hole in the fairing. Now you basically have a flat surface to mount the gsxr l.e.d,s. I used the double stick tape rings the signals came with and stuck them to the signal. Then i put glue in the inside of the double stick ring. The double stick tape by its self was too weak! Then i mounted the signals to the spacer/fairing, the double stick rings give you a minute to move the signals around till your happy with positioning before the glue sets up. I let the glue set for about 8 hours till i mounted the fairing back to the bike. They feel rock solid!

The flasher had a red and black wire, while the o.e. flasher had a brown and orange wire. Brown goes to positive, orange is ground. They flashed fast with the original relay, the L.P. fixed that.

After all is said and done they look great! Looks like it should have came that way. They also angle out towards the back for better front view.
This site is great hope this helps others.
Thanks

Attachments

·
5,547 Posts
Trying to figure out why you didn't get signals for a 00-02 ZX6R. And why you are using glue. If you would have purchased the right parts you wouldn't have had to go through all that trouble. My Mototeck flushlines mounted up with NO glue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Trying to figure out why you didn't get signals for a 00-02 ZX6R. And why you are using glue. If you would have purchased the right parts you wouldn't have had to go through all that trouble. My Mototeck flushlines mounted up with NO glue.

Well thats simple, i dont like the mototecks (shape,style,etc). I like the style of these and they angle outward so they can be seen from the front.
The point of my thread was so others could see one of the alternatives to the few ugly options of turn signals that truly fit right. Trying to help others is what this forums is for i think.

·
5,547 Posts
Well Mototeck's fit the hole correctly with no glue.

·
5,547 Posts
Out the blue you come from no where and post your mod. That's great! But just like you said, I think yours are ugly and made for gxser which are a dime a dozen. Also it has been peaceful here for a long time. No reason to start any troubles here. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out the blue you come from no where and post your mod. That's great! But just like you said, I think yours are ugly and made for gxser which are a dime a dozen. Also it has been peaceful here for a long time. No reason to start any troubles here. Thanks
I never started any trouble just replied to your comments on MY thread

You started in on me sir. Anywho since your a mod maybe u could delete all these comments and start fresh

·
5,547 Posts
Hahaha funny. Have a great day!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts