Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i was pretty much the only vehicle on the road and i was cruising at 45mph going to work in the left lane b/c my turn was the next street up on the left, and there was a guy in a silver silverado in a sidestreet, he had all the time in the world to pull out before me, but he decides to wait till i get close and then pull out right in front of me, i didnt panic, and i casually hit the brakes as i do when practicing emergency braking and turned into the center lane which there was no traffic in. and went by him, i got quite pissed at him so i used some "sign language" (A.K.A :upyours) and went on my merry way

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
gungho said:
Next time get his plate number and turn him in to the authorities.

Why?

Oh yea I forgot we motorcycles everyone is out to get us :rolleyes Expect to have it happen again drifter, since depth perception with one light is hard to understand.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im sure it will happen alot more than once, i'm just glad to hear that my emergency braking practice is doing its job. if i woulda panicked, im sure me and my bike woulda been f$%ked

·
Registered
456 Posts
ZxHunteR said:
Why?

Oh yea I forgot we motorcycles everyone is out to get us :rolleyes Expect to have it happen again drifter, since depth perception with one light is hard to understand.
If he did it intentionally, then he should pay for it.

Everyone out to get us is not a bad concept. People don't pay attention to motorcycles regardless of the intent. It helps keep your focus in the right place if you think every cage is out to get you.

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
gungho said:
yeah id have to carry a portfolio with me for all of these plate numbers. Sounds like you are a little anal about this kinda stuff gungho. Besides turning in peoples plate numbers for traffic close calls, wont do a damn thing. Even if 50 people call it in. They cant do anything unless they see it. :squid

·
Registered
456 Posts
XxIcEmAnxX said:
yeah id have to carry a portfolio with me for all of these plate numbers. Sounds like you are a little anal about this kinda stuff gungho. Besides turning in peoples plate numbers for traffic close calls, wont do a damn thing. Even if 50 people call it in. They cant do anything unless they see it. :squid
Is that how it is in California?? Cool!! Not Here!! :squid You act as if it's stupid to turn someone in for reckless driving. I don't think it has to happen everytime someone does it, but when it's done with intent it should be dealt with.

·
Registered
471 Posts
gungho said:
Is that how it is in California?? Cool!! Not Here!! :squid You act as if it's stupid to turn someone in for reckless driving. I don't think it has to happen everytime someone does it, but when it's done with intent it should be dealt with.
in florida thats not reckless driving.. its a simple moving violation called "failure to yield"....

I suppose it might be "reckless driving" in texas.. but i highly doubt it....

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
There's just as many asshats on bikes...if not more! Yesterday, I was taking my kids to the mall in the Explorer. Driving through the neighborhood, I was coming up to a cross street where I did not have a stop sign, but the traffic crossing did. About 20 yards from the intersection, I noticed a guy on cruiser sitting at the sign to my right. I started through the intersection, and the dipshit darted out in front of me, crossing the intersection and almost ending his life. If he had waited about one second longer, he would not be on this earth...guy on a motorcycle being hit by a 5000 lb vehicle travelling 35 MPH would not have been pretty.

·
Registered
136 Posts
gungho said:

I dont think it would do to much to turn his plate # into the fuzz. Not like there going to be out looking for him and pull him over then beat him rodney king style

·
Registered
791 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
well, i was pretty much the only vehicle on the road and i was cruising at 45mph going to work in the left lane b/c my turn was the next street up on the left, and there was a guy in a silver silverado in a sidestreet, he had all the time in the world to pull out before me, but he decides to wait till i get close and then pull out right in front of me, i didnt panic, and i casually hit the brakes as i do when practicing emergency braking and turned into the center lane which there was no traffic in. and went by him, i got quite pissed at him so i used some "sign language" (A.K.A :upyours) and went on my merry way

Last week i was exploring my back roads trying to find some new, when i met up with an asshole. Some big truck with trees in back was driving down the 2 lane road. I ended up behind (right after a rat tried to commit 2 wheel suicide) him because we were going the same direction. He was driving on the middle line a lil bit but after getting fed up of doing 25mph i passed his ass the 1st change i got. AS SOON as i did this his truck comes wayyyy over the middle line towards me. I pass him get over and salute him :upyours .

After getting down the road i took a right hand turn and saw a cop coming from from the left, i thought about flaggin the cop down bbut didnt feel like hitting a U turn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts