Sport Bikes banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
BUT my uncle's friend knows a guy who used to live by a guy that once said he thought he remembered a guy that had a car that was like super fast and had a turbo supercharged nitrous laser space engine from outer space that was turbo charged and super duper charged and was like completely faster than a motorcycle and that is why it is better than a motorcycle and it is faster and then it is also gooder. for real!

I hate it when threads turn into internet imaginary racing of other peoples cars or something that someone once seen in a magazine, etc. It is so silly........

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I just. .. hate it when you post.

Reactions: PhilB and jeffo8

·
Registered
145 Posts
I could go through all of the reasons why that comparison is absolutely stupid, but the fact that a Veyron weighs more than 2 tons should simply suffice enough.
So...a Viper is going to be faster than the Veyron because it's lighter? Please show me a faster stock car than a Veyron.

I'm not mad, willy-waving, or insulted. Just genuinely curious why you think this comparison is stupid when you're comparing it to a Camaro.

We should probably move this to PMs, since it isn't really anywhere near on topic. Sorry OP.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
So...a Viper is going to be faster than the Veyron because it's lighter? Please show me a faster stock car than a Veyron.

I'm not mad, willy-waving, or insulted. Just genuinely curious why you think this comparison is stupid when you're comparing it to a Camaro.

We should probably move this to PMs, since it isn't really anywhere near on topic. Sorry OP.

Depends on what we are measuring. An Ariel Atom 500 is faster to accelerate than a Veyron is for one thing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
145 Posts
Depends on what we are measuring. An Ariel Atom 500 is faster to accelerate than a Veyron is for one thing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yup, probably to 60 or a little past. Absolutely.

I had a response typed out further clarifying my original point to Predator, but what does it matter for any of us? I'm gonna go out and ride in 20 minutes.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Yup, probably to 60 or a little past. Absolutely.

I had a response typed out further clarifying my original point to Predator, but what does it matter for any of us? I'm gonna go out and ride in 20 minutes.

Cheers :)
Point being that it's no big deal when a bike that has nearly a p:W of 1hp:2.3 lbs or so out accelerates a car with a p:w of ~1hp:3lb, when the bike is also geared like mad, and the car is designed as a luxury GT car, not a track car.

A current model Viper would absolutely destroy a Veyron around a proper track. The Veyron isn't a performance car in the same vein as a sportbike. It's a performance car somewhere along the mindset of a K1600.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Point being that it's no big deal when a bike that has nearly a p:W of 1hp:2.3 lbs or so out accelerates a car with a p:w of ~1hp:3lb, when the bike is also geared like mad, and the car is designed as a luxury GT car, not a track car.

A current model Viper would absolutely destroy a Veyron around a proper track. The Veyron isn't a performance car in the same vein as a sportbike. It's a performance car somewhere along the mindset of a K1600.
Well...if we're talking about the track (not a straight one), then that obviously changes everything...I was talking solely straight line.

Good, we understand each other now. I'm out.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
in a straight line there are a few cars that will show the Veyron the business for less as well. and bikes. It's a car designed to hit 250+mph, and be comfortable, quiet, and civilized while doing it.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
The 696 wouldn't be a terrible bike to start on. Not ideal with a decent amount of torque, but it would be relatively ok. It's borderline like the 650's.
Like the 650s, it wouldn't be your worst choice for riding, but it wouldn't be your best choice either. However, if you're going to go with that level of bike to start, I would recommend one of the 650s, just because it'd be a lot cheaper to fix after the (nearly) inevitable rookie mistakes.

PhilB

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWAavCjVQvM

270.49mph. 'Murica.

That IS a stock car. They just outsourced some of the body panels and engine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I know without looking at the link that you're talking about the Venom GT.

Guys, you're missing my original point (which doesn't matter anymore).

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I specifically stated at least twice that I was not talking about a goddamned straight line. Can you read? The Veyron gets dry-ass raped around tracks by $70,000 cars. that's just fact.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yes, but only a standing yellow if it's off track...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
This thread has seriously gone off-track (pun intended)...
Agreed. What the hell are all of you guys even talking about? How did it even get to this?

181 - 199 of 199 Posts