Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hellow everyone, new to the site but not to bikes
have been riding cruisers for 11 years, would like a sport bike but not sure what, must have lots of torque, i dont feel like reving to 10000 every time or shifting down two gears to get power, also not realy ready for a radical riding position, my little brother just got a yamaha yzf 600 r , cool and very nimble, but feels weak, dont get me wrong, lots of top end but i dont want to red line it in the city, just dont think thats my riding style, got to be honest the ride is the the key but braging right are important too :) just being honest
will do mostly city and highway, meening no track duty, at least thats what im saying now, considering gsxr 1000, triumph daytona 955 and speed triple, but very open to suggestions, please help :dunno

·
Registered
394 Posts
Maybe check out the Yamaha FZ1? It's a 1000cc bike with LOTS of low end torque yet doesn't have the extreme riding position of an R1.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Vfr............

·
Registered
926 Posts
honda interceptor
kawasaki z1000
yamaha fz1
suzuki vstrom

·
Registered
279 Posts
You want torque? How about an SV1000 or an SV1000S for that radical riding position...V-twin sportbike power

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Why do you want a sportbike instead of a cruiser? What are you looking for or looking to avoid? I know how I'd answer, but your answers are the ones that are important.

In the absence of the above input, how about a v-twin? Same basic engine configuration likely in your cruiser except 90 degree instead of 60 degree (much better power-to-displacement). Lots of low-end torque, not as high-revving, plus some models have a more upright riding position.

Suzuki sv1000 or sv1000s (or even sv650) the sv is more upright while the svs is a little more aggressive, Honda super hawk, Honda vfr (v-4), Ducati ST-?, etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to answer why, tired of posing and cruising, time to start riding, didnt know what i was missing till i rode the yamaha the first time, not the bike for me but now im hurting for speed, actualy speed i had but some control and stoping power would be nice, by the way thanx for the replies and keep them comming
as far as the fz 1 and the like, i just want something more agressive and sinister looking
also, any sugjestion on where to test ride these bad boys, it seems the hp numbers ot the 90 degree v twins are alot lower then on the in line fours, and without riding them i dont know if it matters, with more torque and all

·
Registered
12 Posts
The HP may be lower, but your talking about useable power ie. torque as opposed to revving it to 10,000 and above to get into the power band. V twin sounds liek the way to go.

J

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
What about an RC51 or a used TL1000R? I love twins but so far as bragging rights in the poser community the I-4 liter bikes are king.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I moved from cruisers to a sportbike last year and I feel my Blackbird was the right choice...plenty of torgue, plenty of horsepower, comfortable to cruise on and decent handling on twisty roads

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, haul yo'sef around on a vtwin. All the low end grunt you can handle an then some. There's a few used superhawks on the cheap around as well as the above mentioned bikes.

Or pick up a confederate! Yowza's mama!!! :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
Kawasaki Z1000, Aprilia Tuono, Ducati Monster S4/S4R, Honda 919, Suzuki SV1000/SV100S, Honda Blackbird, Honda VFR800, Buell XB12S/R, Buell XB9S/R, etc, etc

Or you can just get any liter bike, most of them have low end grunt. If you're not into the racy stance, throw on higher clip-ons and different rear-sets. If you don't like the fairings, rip them off, ebay it and throw on some projecters to get the streetfighter look.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'd also say an SV of some sort (1000 or 650 S or naked) or a TLR, it sounds like a V-Twin sportbike is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'd check out the Speed Triple you mentioned. Plenty of low-end and enough high-end. Plus, the triple sounds great and has a decent riding position.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Please Do Your Self A Favor And Ride A Suzuki Tl1000r

1 - 20 of 42 Posts