Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding with a group of 9 through some twisties in southern indiana. Pretty much did everything wrong in a turn and it left me on the ground looking up at the sky.

Came into the turn at a bad line, wasn't looking through turn, going too fast when I was leaning over. So I tried to stand it back up and hit some gravel and went into someone's yard. Flipped off the bike but alright except a cut on my hand.

Ended up breaking the upper fairing and the left turn signal, but other than that I feel like I learned something and ready to go back out. After only 600 miles too :rolleyes

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
when in doubt about a corner:

look thru the turn and coutersteer more!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
RACER X said:
when in doubt about a corner:

look thru the turn and coutersteer more!
You couldnt have said it any better .
Word to the wise for now on , these bikes are capible of doing stuff you cant comprehend yet , trust the bike , still in doubt , remember the person in front of you made it thru , you can too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, when I was in the MSF I was really leaning it over. Now on the street I seem more nervous about leaning it over. I had a brainfart and it cost me. Glad I'm ok, upset about the bike though.

·
Registered
426 Posts
you know I had a an accident like that at 600 miles to ;) I hit a pothole going to fast and it caused some headshake. Freaked out and leaned it up and went right off the road. lol Minor dammage to the bike and me so all 3,700 miles later it's all good. Just have to watch the road more and remember not to push it to hard.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
glad you are ok, just remember to ride at your own pace and just keep practicing.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
you learned good lesson...bike won't corner when standing up...if you think you are too hot, lean more and give it a little throttle, push on through...low side is better than high side if you have to go over the edge...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bumblebee said:
you learned good lesson...bike won't corner when standing up...if you think you are too hot, lean more and give it a little throttle, push on through...low side is better than high side if you have to go over the edge...
Yeah I just read that story on the main boards about that guy riding who stood it up and hit the brakes. Scary what could've happened.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts