Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my first raod trip this weekend on my bike, about 400 miles. it went great, the weather was nice and the traffic was fast. i had a great time, except a more comfy seat might have helped. the R6 isn't the softest seat. but other than that, i think it was good. just thought everyone should know :)

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
i took my first raod trip this weekend on my bike, about 400 miles.

That what ya mean Justin? Great stuff man, I can't wait for my first trip.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Ca$h said:
i took my first raod trip this weekend on my bike, about 400 miles.

That what ya mean Justin? Great stuff man, I can't wait for my first trip.

Dam smarta$$ kids these days! :D

A friend of mine lives in Canada that just got his FIRST bike a Bandit 1200 :eek: didn't even have a clue how to ride it, left about 2 weeks ago to tour the US for the summer with his brother! There camping along the way so far they gone 3400 miles! He says he's having the best time he ever had in his life! :)
He dropped it once in a entrance to a camp ground when he hit a patch of gravel when he turned into it, sprained his wrist. Nothing else though, luckily he was going slow....
Dam I'm so jealous.... Thats the worst thing about life in Hawaii, you just can't jump on your bike and go..... only 150 miles point to point at the longest across the Island :( Ahhh life in paradise... I ain't gunna moan. I love it here! :D

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
What bike and what tires? I did 300+ frequently on my F3. A few of those and my 208Zrs were cooked. Just put Diablos on my gix750 and I'm afraid to cook them on a road trip, I got them more for twisties. I'm thinking I'll just have to plop down for some sport/tour tires like pilot roads and switch back and forth. I want to do the Key West run this year some time.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I road from Minneapolis to Laguna Seca back in 98' All I can say is CORBIN GEL SEAT. worked great, my ass was still a little sore, but I got over it. Hope you do more road trips, there a blast!

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have an 01 R6, and i think that i am riding on the stock Dunlops. btw i NEED new tires :p i am kinda new at this sportbike thing (notice sportbike, not riding so keep the flaming to a min. :) ) how can i tell when the tires get too hot? i didn't have any control issues so i didn't even think to check my tires on the ride.

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Lt me clarify when I say "cooked" I mean worn away. Prolly not the best terminology. I remember leaving the house with plenty of tread and coming home with wear marks showing.

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aahhhh ok then, yeah i could have sworn my tires looked way better than when i left. the tread is just getting lower and lower...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts