Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

This past Monday night I purchased my third bike... a 1994 Yamaha FZR1000. Early summer of 2002 I bought my first bike which was a Katana 600. After riding the Katana for a full summer I decided to sell the Katana and buy OLD GUY bike, a 96' Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic. I still have the Vulcan, but I think the FZR1000 is just an amazing bike! After 5 long days I was finally able to take the Fizzer out on her madden voyage today. I'll admit that I was really nervous the first time I let out the clutch. I had asked for the opinions of seasoned riders on sportbike.net and most of you said I was in way over my head considering I'm a newbie for the most part. I was amazed how civilized the beast actually is. Hell, I know it's not a 2004 fuel injected YZR R1, but I assumed the damn thing was going to have power that would scare the SHEET out of me. Don't get me wrong the FZR1000 will kick some serious ass if you want to, but the machine was SOOO smooth, stable, and just an unbelievable awesome ride! I thougt my first ride would last maybe 15 - 20 minutes around the block, but before I knew it I was on the interstate driving with traffic... and I ended up riding for almost 2 and a half hours. I just can't say enough about this bike! Very comfortable and oh so smooth kick ass power. The beautiful part is that because it's a five speed and has high torque, I can speed around in third gear all day. The power difference between the 600 Katana and the FZR1000 is huge. I haven't stopped smiling all day and I can't wait to get out and ride her again tomorrow. Riding the Vulcan 800 will never be the same. It's a great bike but when you compare it to the Fizzer it's night and day. I'm in love with this bike... Mother*****r I'm a happy man!

Now I believe what they say.... Once you've ridden a liter bike, you'll never ride anything else.

So after a few years of riding the Fizzer it'll be time for a 2004 Yamaha R1... what a beautiful machine!!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
how fun is that for a first ride.. :D:D I remember mine also, and I had a stupid grin on my face for days.. It was so much fun.

when you get a chance and a little more experiance, you need to head over to Prescott, go due south about 5-6 miles and hit a Alphabet road called A or AA... WOOHOOO its on the Wisconsin side of the border. You'll love it. Best twisties and hardly EVER a car. the entire road is posted 10- 15 mph. But it's easily doable at 50-60.... :headbang

congrats and have fun! Please be safe. I know how MN ppl drive! EEEEEEEEEEK!! Lived in Burnsville 2 yrs to long....;)

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the bike seems like you are having a good time, be safe.

·
Registered
681 Posts
neutom72 said:
Hey guys...

Now I believe what they say.... Once you've ridden a liter bike, you'll never ride anything else.
First, whoever said this was an idiot. Just because you've been on a liter bike, doesn't mean you can't have fun on anything else!:lame

And not to burst your happy bubble....don't go getting all cocky about the smoothness of the machine.......it'll lull you into a false sense of security and then SMACK you upside your head when you're not looking. Be carefull twisting that right wrist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts