Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[flame suit on]
So Friday after work I was bored so I took the bike to get some gas. As I was walking out I noticed a mustang that looked kind of hooked up. I don't know much about cars but it had a blower scoop on the hood and it had nice rugged wheels and a paint job. It said Mach 1 on the back. The dude driving it was about 35 I guess and looked like a family man type guy. We both leave at the same time and I get behind him. We go down to the traffic light and you can get on a ramp if you turn right onto it. The light was on its last cycle before the cars that are now behind us can take off so it was clear in front of us for at least a mile. Well I go wide off the exit and go into to the left lane and he just hits it. Squid mode kicks in and I hit it as well except I hit my rev limiter after about a second....shit. Change into second and hit it again right away...double shit. Finally hit third and start to make up some ground....now I'm catching up. hit 4th and by I go. Felt gooooooooooood. :flipa :headbang . Anyway we slow down and get to the next light where I went left and he went straight. He gave me a double tap on the horn and the thumbs up. I waved and went home with a smile on my face.

HAs anyone else ever gave in?

For the record that was the first time I gave into the urge to race and don't ever plan on it again. We were the only two on the road and I just wanted to see if I could beat him.........he started it anyway....it was his fault.

I was wearing all my gear also......shorts, tank top, sandals, and open face helmet. Just kidding.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yeah I have raced some cages before but never for that long... mine have only been 2nd gear pulls because thats all i ever needed. I raced a mustang GT about a month ago and we were next to eachother on an empty road going about 50mph so i put it in second and signal for him to go ahead.. He did bout one second later i nail it and just fly past him right when i hit rev limit of 2nd gear.

And I always get the 16y/o in the honda accord and civic that think they want to race me... i do the same again.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
:flamed

Don't give in to ego again...it just makes no sense..you know your bike is fast enough..period!!

I have had little ricer guys trying to get me to go at stop lights and I just look over and shake my head--it's stupid :nerd And they can tell I am a female and still want to race :lame

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RSixxygrl said:
:flamed

Don't give in to ego again...it just makes no sense..you know your bike is fast enough..period!!

I have had little ricer guys trying to get me to go at stop lights and I just look over and shake my head--it's stupid :nerd And they can tell I am a female and still want to race :lame
I know it's not cool. I sit in a cube all week and by the time friday comes around I'm ready to explode. Just had to get it out of my system. Not the best way but it works non the less. I wish I had a track close to me.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Funny thing is, I find that most people that want to race are guys in big pick up trucks. "I got a Hemi, y'all! Let's race!" lol. I smoke 'em. But I'm not racing, just accellerating faster than they are.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
I know it's not cool. I sit in a cube all week and by the time friday comes around I'm ready to explode. Just had to get it out of my system. Not the best way but it works non the less. I wish I had a track close to me.

You do....it's in VA though :)

You also have great back roads I am sure up where you live too--use them!!! :lol

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RSixxygrl said:
You do....it's in VA though :)

You also have great back roads I am sure up where you live too--use them!!! :lol
Trust me, we have lots of nice roads. I put 8000 miles on my bike in 6 months of riding and it's all back roads. As you can see from my straight line shifting I need to stick to twisties instead of trying to race people. I even got my left side chicken strip almost off this weekend...1 more cm. :headbang

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IllKneeGrow said:
Sounds like the owner of my ambulance company that you raced. He has one of the mach 1 mustangs, along with 9 porsches.
What is the Mach 1 anyway? Is that scoop on the front stock? HP?

I have a friend that has a bullet edition. That is pretty nice. It has some cobra parts on it. The car I raced was fast as hell. I never would have gone that fast if I could have got in front of him.....or knew how to race. :twofinger My mom has an 04 vette and that stang would have dusted it.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
i tried racing a mach1 but he wouldnt go, that pussy. i havent had any serious races, an older porsche turbo hit it on the highway, he got the jump but i clicked down a gear or two and reeled him right in...ran it up to 155ish and he was owned.

·
Registered
522 Posts
squidly indeed...:D :) :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Mach 1 is very similiar to the 99-01 Mustang Cobras. Same DOHC motor with slightly different heads. The run in the mid to low 13s in the 1/4 mile so they really are no challenge to a f4i, especially off the line.

I have given in to the racing bug but usually I am the one in the car racing the bikes. Don't get me wrong I love my sportbike but the look on a riders face when he loses to a car is absolutely priceless

·
Registered
332 Posts
I race just about everything that shows interest. However I usually just take off like a bat out of hell, put a few bus lengths on them, then slow down to somewhere around the speed limit and let them do the loser flyby. I like to just make them feel bad by seeing how much faster I am. Of course, I know I'm always faster, but sometimes some punk in a $70,000 Porsche or something who thinks his shit don't stink needs to be put in his place by a $6000 vehicle.

·
Banned
730 Posts
Two adults showing a little speed exhibition doesn't qualify as street-racing IMO. Sometimes when I know it's a lost cause, I goose it so I can see the other guy "get into it" and leave me like I'm sitting still.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah I've had one squid moment as well. Raced a late C5 Vette, got him and then we both got on the interstate. He gave me the thumbs up and got in front of me. I rode behind him from Maitland to the Dirkson exit (about 20 miles for the non locals) doing 100 the entire way. Never weaving in and out of traffic because there wasn't any, literally maybe two cars in the right lane the entire time. He made the exit hitting the horn and waving, wearin a big ole grin.

·
Registered
143 Posts
machburger said:
Is this the kinda car you raced? I love my Mach 1, but it's no match for a 600+ sportbike.
Nothing a few well chosen bolt ons can't fix. Here is a pic of my 96 and it holds it own against a lot of 600 and even some faster sportbikes....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts