Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am finally registered and licensed to operate my hoodrat bike on the streets legally.

So I was in the mood for a little Blockbuster and Beer evening so out I went to effect a few errands. After I picked up the goodies I head out for a little ride around town.

As I always I am scanning, ahead and I am coming up on a merge that is notorious for failed merge attempts. Low and behold, a cager in a Mustang GT on his cell phone I catch out of the corner of my eye. I think to myself, "he doesn't see me and he's gonna cut me off." Presto, the cager cuts in front of me but I already had let off the gas and fallen back to give him plenty of room. I beep at him and he throws a "shaka" at me. We stop at the next light and he says to me, "Sorry brah. I no see you."

I couldn't bring myself to be evil so I just gave him a wave and went on my merry way.

I took a little longer on my ride than I had anticipated and the wife gave me "time out" as soon as I walked in the door. She also docked me 15 minutes for my next ride. :lol

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Well at least he acknowledged he didn't see you. Most of the time people are oblivous completely.

"timeout" huh??

Looks like you need a set of these :joke :lol

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a set. But mine are brown and clean shaven at the moment.

*throws TMI flag at self* :lol

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm black. That is genetically impossible. :boink

·
Registered
753 Posts
timeout

Seems the woman has you on a short leash. My wife is usually asking me to go for a ride so she can watch lifetime on cable.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
clsmitty said:
Seems the woman has you on a short leash. My wife is usually asking me to go for a ride so she can watch lifetime on cable.
She only does that when she buys a new LV or Coach bag. She needs time to hide it.

·
Flyin' Low
756 Posts
Yea, I hate when that happens. It's funny because half of the time they'll stare right in your direction and then continue to pull out. It never ceases to impress me how oblivious some cagers can be. Good job recognizing it ahead of time. Search. Evaluate. Execute. It really works!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Get used to it bro,people pull out in front of me all the time.
In fact today not 5 min. into my ride a lady drove out of her drive way without even slowing down or looking my way let alone STOP like she way supposed to.

It's amazing the way peoples minds work. I had a 78' Vette and on a back road people would drive in the middle of the road,so I would have to slow way down or almost stop, get over until they passed. But when I drove my ragged out Toyota Land Cruiser people would get over like you wouldn't believe(into the weeds sometimes)when they saw me coming.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
I was at a stop light, in the right third of the lane, and some old geezer pulls up next to me, just as the light turns green, in the other two-thirds of the lane.. close enough to touch me with his mirror.. THEN he sees me, and almost hits the curb in his panic.. Idiots.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
You did a good job of keeping a cool head. Sometimes I feel like going on a rage and smashing off sideviews/kicking in doors. No sense doing that though, even if you teach one cager a lesson, odds are you'll never see them again and some other cager will almost kill you. Sounds like you're keeping a safe distance and are looking ahead/anticipating. Have Fun.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
They'll pull out seldom on me. In fact, drivers pull out in front of me more often when I'm on four-wheels.

Anyway, keep doing what you're doing: imagine that the worst is going to happen so when it does you're not surpised and you already have the escape plan.

Funny, most cagers that pull out in front of me and enter my lane will stomp on their accelerator, trying to create distance from me to them; maybe an apology?

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MAGNUM636 said:
You did a good job of keeping a cool head. Sometimes I feel like going on a rage and smashing off sideviews/kicking in doors. No sense doing that though, even if you teach one cager a lesson, odds are you'll never see them again and some other cager will almost kill you. Sounds like you're keeping a safe distance and are looking ahead/anticipating. Have Fun.
Well, I used to work for the FD when I was stationed in Charleston, SC and I did a few motorcycle accident calls. I remember how mangled some of those riders were at the fault of careless cagers. I don't want to end up on a stretcher headed to the hospital or morgue.

I use almost everything I learned in MSF. When I'm stopped at a light, I turn around and look for approaching vehicles. When the light turns green I slowly roll and look both ways before crossing the intersection. I'm always scanning, panning, anticipating, etc. when I ride because Hawaii is #1 for motorcycle related deaths. Plus I always signal turns and lane changes. :lol Being that most drivers don't use their signals so I have to be even more alert and on the ready.

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
Bomb300 said:
Well I am finally registered and licensed to operate my hoodrat bike on the streets legally.

So I was in the mood for a little Blockbuster and Beer evening so out I went to effect a few errands. After I picked up the goodies I head out for a little ride around town.

As I always I am scanning, ahead and I am coming up on a merge that is notorious for failed merge attempts. Low and behold, a cager in a Mustang GT on his cell phone I catch out of the corner of my eye. I think to myself, "he doesn't see me and he's gonna cut me off." Presto, the cager cuts in front of me but I already had let off the gas and fallen back to give him plenty of room. I beep at him and he throws a "shaka" at me. We stop at the next light and he says to me, "Sorry brah. I no see you."

I couldn't bring myself to be evil so I just gave him a wave and went on my merry way.

I took a little longer on my ride than I had anticipated and the wife gave me "time out" as soon as I walked in the door. She also docked me 15 minutes for my next ride. :lol
? i have never heard anyone call their bike or any precious possession of the female variety a hoodrat...

do you like the bike you have? lol. i had to wonder...

i hope those 15 minutes were...well...spent... :D

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
good job of being aware of other people around you, you always have to keep an eye out for other people out there.

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
04Kanotuna said:
Ahhh, the manbasher channel.
Thats exactly right.. that channel is evil! The entire network is evil, all they do is teach women how to hate men, why to hate men, and portray guys as the devil with a pitch fork sticking a hot poker into the ass of millions of women across the country, while wearing a wife beater w/ a mustard stain and tossing tall cans of coors light at anybody that says something.

Not far off.... but i dont drink coors. :banana

1 - 19 of 19 Posts