Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was your first job and how much did you make?

I started at the wonderful world of Taco Bell at 16 making a whole $3.35 an hour.. :a2 .boy i thought I was the shit when I got a raise to $4.25 :eek: . LOL

What was the job you had that you wouldn't want to admit to?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
My first job was as an Aquatic Engineer - ahem, dishwasher. $6.85/hr CDN (what's that, $1 US?).

Hated every minute of it, would use to go to work stoned but that just made time go by even slower.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I started at a local pizza shop when I was 13 doing dishes and cleaning tables. 4.25 an hour. I got the job to buy a stereo.

The only job I ever quit was selling shoes for 4.50 an hour. That just sucked.

I was fired from 2 jobs. One at a steak house for throwing a dish up against a wall and another from a yogurt stand because some lady that just started who was porking the owner was telling everyone what to do even though we had a manager. The manager I and were fired when we refused to do what she told us to. I never took those jobs that serious anyway.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I worked at a place around here called Mike's Roast Beef. I started at 14 and was making 8 an hour under the table. Stayed until I graduated high school which was at 17 and was making 11 an hour under the table.

·
Registered
533 Posts
worked in an office and made $8/hr, than worked as a dishwasher for minimum wage :(

·
Registered
101 Posts
1972 Austin, Texas I was 12 years old and working for my brother-in -law doing landscapping on the weekends making $1.75 an hour...WOW just thinking tha was 32 years ago...man I feel old now.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
I was a petro/diesel bulk transfer technician in the operations dept. at one of local Texaco (now Shell Oil) units................................

.......................................I pumed gas at the gas station. J/K.

My first job was at a local car wash that my basketball coach helped me get. Made like $3.00 per. hr. plus any tips. I ended up hateing that coach both on and off the court.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was in high school working Audio/Visual on what was called the "stage crew". It had nothing to do with the theater department..just setting up sound and lights for various sporting events, etc. Not the most glamorous job, but at least I could say I was involved in all sports throughout HS! We also got handed down from the generations of stage crew workers, a map to the tunnels under the school and a set of keys to move our equipment where it needed to go. They even opened the snack room storage area ;) It was a great job in retrospect and $3.35 an hour was great pay back in the early/mid 80's!

·
Registered
549 Posts
My first job was bagging groceries for $3.25/hour. My mom took most of the money and put it in a savings account for me to use as spending money when I went to college. Three years of saving and that account was toast before my first semester was over... :alky

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Other than mowing lawns for about $2/week/customer when I was 12, my first "real" job was in house construction starting in high school for 3 summers. First summer I made $1.50/hour. The third summer was a whopping $2.50/hour. I thought $100/week was great at the time (100 years ago). It was really hot in Sacramento (100+ for weeks at a time), but we usually hit the river or a pool after work. Ah, brings back memories.

On a side note, one of my jobs was to go get lunch for everyone. Since I had no car, I would borrow this guy's Honda 100 (?) "street bike" with a wooden crate on the back for carrying stuff. I'd show up alone at the burger place and order lunch for about 6 carpenters. Invariably, I was asked "for here or to go" which I always found amusing (like I could eat 3 bags of food by myself). :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
worked under the table for $4/hr at a resort/marina doing yard maintenance/odd jobs/cleaning/painting when i was 14.

started bussing in a restaurant when i was 15 for $5.10 + tips

·
Registered
47 Posts
SpeedracerFTP said:
mpu and receiving (unloading trucks) at sears, i made $8 plus sometimes tips. it was a shitty job, hard core.
what's mpu?
I actually got hired at sears and I have an orientation on Saturday. :)
I was about to do recieving or the one where you bring customer's orders to the pick-up window? Both jobs seemed kinda too hectic for me.. plus you needed to be super buff which I am not. But you get better pay plus tips... but I'm happy.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
my father and i opened a body shop when i was 15 so i worked for free till we got it up and going now i make $15 hour

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
My first job was as a Kitchen Technician, i.e. dishwasher at a local bar/restaurant called the Chew Chew, which was insidentally an old railroad station converted into a restaurant that sat along unused tracks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was a Cashier/Stock person at Canal Villere grocery store making about $4.35/hr. Moved up to work in the produce department made $4.45/hr. The good old days.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts