Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive ridden for less than 5 months but ive put over 8k on my bike. So I am now comfortable with going to the next level and trying some new tricks on her. I have an 07 zzr 600. Im not trying clutch wheelies just yet, only power wheelies.

Here is a few pics of the first day, still cant find that balance point yet.

Any pointers on finding and keeping my balance point?

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ive ridden for less than 5 months but ive put over 8k on my bike. So I am now comfortable with going to the next level and trying some new tricks on her. I have an 07 zzr 600. Im not trying clutch wheelies just yet, only power wheelies.

Here is a few pics of the first day, still cant find that balance point yet.

Any pointers on finding and keeping my balance point?
you wont find balance point powering it up like that. too violent. if you want to stunt then turn your bike into a stunter by getting a cage, sprockets, sub cage etc.. get off the street, hit the lots, get some gear, and be ready to crash.:banana

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fion- I would have some extra gear on but its 105 in Florida and the humidity is at 70%. It sucks with shorts and a shirt! lol

dorepsol- I don't want to turn my bike into a half naked ugly machine, all I really want is to learn how to ride out a wheelie. Also, would it be easy and less jerky and violent if i clutched it up? or would it help if I was standing and not sitting?

·
Registered
508 Posts
You dont have to have to make it half naked. My stunter is fully faired and sexy. I only say this because balance point is not easy to learn. You are at the point of balance which means during the learning phase it is very likely you will loop out or if your lucky and skilled enough to hit the rear break, you'll mouse trap your nuts and eventually blow your fork seals. If your happy with first gear 1 foot pow POWs then keep at what your doing. If you want bp then clutching it/prepping for bike for impact is the way to go.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Fion- I would have some extra gear on but its 105 in Florida and the humidity is at 70%. It sucks with shorts and a shirt! lol

dorepsol- I don't want to turn my bike into a half naked ugly machine, all I really want is to learn how to ride out a wheelie. Also, would it be easy and less jerky and violent if i clutched it up? or would it help if I was standing and not sitting?
Staggered standups are pretty popular to learn as far as comfort and difficulty and sight. Sit downs at bp are hard to see in front of you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I appreciate the help. As far as the fork seals go, how long do you think before the stock ones are done for? I'm going to keep doing the power wheelies until i'm comfortable with the speed in which it pops up, then ill switch to the clutch wheelies. I do want new sprockets and chain, possibly lower it too. How would lowering it (not a crazy amount just an inch or 2) effect the wheelies?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate the help. As far as the fork seals go, how long do you think before the stock ones are done for? I'm going to keep doing the power wheelies until i'm comfortable with the speed in which it pops up, then ill switch to the clutch wheelies. I do want new sprockets and chain, possibly lower it too. How would lowering it (not a crazy amount just an inch or 2) effect the wheelies?
your forks will drip oil when the seals are gone. it will be visible.

lowering it isnt a good idea IMO

·
Registered
159 Posts
also, im no pro by any means at wheelies, nor have i even really made a strong attempt to do one. But from the videos i have seen and many articles i have read up on, make sure you do it slow and ease into it. Dont try to do everything in one day.

Also, i understand its hot out there and i live in east Texas where its the same. But at least put on some light mesh or maybe those stunt jackets and gloves...PLEASE PUT GLOVES ON!

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
As far as the heat issue, trust me, you'll be cooler in proper gear as it is made to keep you cool. Otherwise, your sweat is evaporating faster than it should to cool your body, making you more hot. Wear gear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No offense, but using the heat as an excuse to not gear up is just that, an excuse. Its not even a logical one. You ever had pieces of gravel scraped from a road rash burn with a wire brush? No? Neither have I, and I dont want to, thats why when I ride, I wear a helmet, leather gloves, nylon Icon jacket, MINIMUM, and I should really be wearing the pants I own, and if I owned boots, I probably would more often.

I live in Arizona. Ive riden home from work wearing the above in 116 degree heat. I dont bat an eyelash. Im on both sides of the fence on this one...its your body, your life, your choice, but then at the same time, why not just wear gear? When you go down (and you will) youll wish you had, I promise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hot or cool in a hospital bed wishing you were still hot and riding. lol

lol Gear will save your life brah! lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello...
Must be looking for Hacked Pandora APK? Yes, you are in the right place. Here you will get the free download file of hacked pandora apk. As you are aware of the fact that Pandora is one of the original fully blocked apk which contains no ads, unlimited skips, music downloader for the Pandora users. It is a music downloader and music search app for smart phone users.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello...

It was first decided by International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2007 that ICC T20 World Cup will be played after every 2 years. According to the schedule first T20 World Cup played in 2007 and it was hosted by South Africa. In the final match of this grand tournament, India defeated Pakistan.
icc t20 world cup 2020 schedule

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello i am Albert Martin
Some of us only feel prime and comfy while sleeping on a floor mattress. Other people receive a lot of guests and need a quick sleeping solution for them. Choosing the best floor mattress is a process that takes a lot of time and research. After all, how well you sleep depends on the type of floor mattress you get.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts