Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew it would happen eventually, and today it did. I crashed into a ditch on Santa Rosa Creek Road, just 1/4 mile from where the road straightens out and joins hwy 46. I'm not hurt, just a few scrapes on my left knee, but my poor bike. It isn't bad, but all of the scratches and cracks just make me sad.

Here's what happened. I was going around a pretty slow left hander in the outside lane at about 20mph. There are a bunch of crack repairs all over the road that are made of really gummy soft rubber cement type stuff. The back end takes a step out and I stand the bike up some so that I don't lowside. I straightened up too much and was drifting toward the edge of the road, thinking, "just turn a little more and you will stay on the road." I fixated on the edge of the road and off I went, into a small ditch where I promptly fell over.

No major damage to me. The bike is now missing 1 turn signal, one mirror, 1/4 of the windscreen, and has a cracked tail fairing. My poor bike. Worst part is, I have no money to fix it.

weird thing, bad thing, the last time I went riding with the guy I went with today, he did something similar on his bike into a gravel pit. Maybe we weren't meant to ride together.

·
Registered
260 Posts
atleast ur alright bro

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well, it sounds as if you understand exactly how you crashed...and that's the only way to fix a mistake - knowing what happened. Good luck.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
sorry to hear that glad your ok

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Bikes are replaceable, you are not. Glad to hear you came out of this ok Tom. Just make sure you don't hit up AaronZ18 up for replacement parts. :p

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
at least you are ok, the bike can always be fixed

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jake said:
Just make sure you don't hit up AaronZ18 up for replacement parts. :p
Thanks for the advice. I finally got a fender off ebay last week, and then I messed it up today. what luck.

·
Registered
519 Posts
you can get f3 parts cheap as hell on ebay...i wouldnt worry about it to much

·
Registered
461 Posts
Glad you're ok, Tom. Fix the bike in steps and You'll have her looking good soon enough.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
sorry to hear about your crash, and your baby getting scratched, but all that really matters is that you'r ok...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Forget fixing it! All the hardcore riders have a little road rash on their bikes. :D :D j/k

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Lesson learned, target fixation works! Keep riding, and try harder to keep the rubber side down. :D You'll be alright.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts