Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yep, finally got my first bike.
About 6 months after taking the MSF and getting my license. I got a 03 GSX-R1000. Feels pretty good. Definitely a fast bike, can barely keep the front down during hard acceleration.

J/K :D

I just bought a 1991 Honda F2, with 16,000 miles. :D

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Most excellent.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nevrsumr22 said:
hahahahhaahhahaha. I was getting ready to make a real smart ass comment. Got me. That's a good one. Be careful.
:D

LOL

I've seen so many threads like that on SBN and other bike sites. I can't believe some are real! I'm sure you guys are glad I was just kidding.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I can't believe this bike is over a decade old, it feels pretty good. I been taking it real easy trying to get to know her. I'll probably be getting new tires pretty soon. The bike has been stored for a while so I definitely want to change the tires. What kind of tires do you guys suggest?

Brand/Size?

I won't be really pushing it since I'm pretty new to this but I do want good tires.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
look on the tire sidewall for the size. im thinking its probably like a 160/16 or 160/17??? i dont know, i dont see it being real wide and not sure what size wheels they had. eitherway run a search on google or ask someone on here w/ an f2. i hear nothing but good things about pirelli diablo's, so look into those

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
snigg said:
look on the tire sidewall for the size. im thinking its probably like a 160/16 or 160/17??? i dont know, i dont see it being real wide and not sure what size wheels they had. eitherway run a search on google or ask someone on here w/ an f2. i hear nothing but good things about pirelli diablo's, so look into those
Will do, Thanks!

·
Registered
522 Posts
congrats, nothing more exciting than getting your first bike :D

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. :nice

The F2 has a 120/60/17 front tire and a 160/60/17 tire on the rear.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was about to call you a troll until I got to the bottom. Why didn't you get a busa? That would have been the ultimate first bike. j/k :D

Seriously though, congrats on your purchase. Have fun!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks fellas!

I was so excited to go get it, my fried was telling me i was acting like a kid on Christmas morning. (I was bugging him to give me a ride to go get it)

Jake: Thanks for the tire size.

[email protected]: Forget the busa. Next bike is going to be the jet engine bike, like the one Jay Leno has.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
hahaha that was funny... I did have to do the :eek: ... congrats and have fun.. be safe....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts