Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a first motorcycle... and I have the following available to me:

2000 Buell Blast + Vance and Hines exhaust, 13k miles
Icon Merc Jacket
Icon Recon Pant
Z1R Blade Helmet

all for $1859.85 +tax

The bike is obviously used, but the gear would be new.

Would you guys reccommend this?

Any comments/concerns would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
210 Posts
Seems like a decent deal, but I'm not a fan of the Buell Blasts.

You need to determine what best works for your budget.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have been looking for quite a while, and thats a good deal. Is this from a shop or private party? I am guessing a shop since the gear would be new. Check out the bike, and make sure it all checks out. But the Blasts are good starter bikes, its what I learned on during the MSF course.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's from a shop, so it has a 90 day warranty and everything.

Now, my only problem is that I don't have $2000 up front to pay for it... Which banks will give a 18 year old a loan for a motorcycle? :cry

I know I could afford paying for it, it's just getting the damn loan. My parents can't help, but I work two jobs for like 50-65 hours a week.

Too bad layaway isn't as popular as it used to be.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
seems like a good deal, I don't know much about buells so you might ask questions reguarding the bike in the buell section to see if there are any common problems.
You might ask your bank for a personal loan and see what they say.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the aftermarket exhaust provide an increase in power, if so, would it be noticible, or just a cosmetic thing?

Ryan

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
sounds like a good deal to me... my first bike was a late 80's early 90's (I dont remember) Ninja 250.... by the time I bought some gear I spent much more than that. I would go for it. To attain financing I would check out some of the online resources. I think you could find some on Kbb.com I know there are alot of them.

Good luck with the bike and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me if the bike is in decent shape. When and if you decide to sell it, you'll probably be able to get pretty close to what you paid, too.

I don't know about power, but the aftermarket exhaust makes a little more noise than the stock. I like it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts