Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure you guys get this question a lot, but I am haveing a hard time finding the information I need. I am 21, and have limited motorcycle experience, but want to get a motorcycle. Most of my riding will be to and from work and school. In the past I have riding a 175cc two-stroke, and a 250cc four-stroke, both of which were mid 1980's dirt bikes. My main concern is getting too much bike. I really like the styling of the new suzuki v-strom 650. Do you think a 650 is too much for a new rider to handle? I have also looked at the ninja 500 and katana 600, but I like the styling of the v-strom better. I don't want to drop too much cash, budget $3000 max. I don't mind a used bike. Should I consider another bike?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The V-strom may not be too bad but try it out for size first If you don't feel good holding it up at standstill then thats gonna be a problem to start with All it needs is a stop at some lights and a bit of loose gravel on the floor and if the bike is too big then its gonna go before you have chance to bring it back...
Quite a few pupils that passed their test with me went on to a thundercat as a first bike , they're not too pricey second hand.
The main thing is go what you're happy with not what people tell you what is THE bike to have

·
Registered
681 Posts
you aren't gonna get the New Vstrom 650 for 3k.

if you like that style...DRZ400,DR350, KLR250

1 - 4 of 4 Posts