Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why isn't firefox playing with google lately for me? I updated it to their new 18.0.1 and now every google site I try to log into even youtube gives me a forbidden error?

use iE and search for this and there are a lot of people bitching about it and no response from mozilla

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
why isn't firefox playing with google lately for me? I updated it to their new 18.0.1 and now every google site I try to log into even youtube gives me a forbidden error?

use iE and search for this and there are a lot of people bitching about it and no response from mozilla
Sounds like the flash plugin is hosed.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
it said that and I updated it but it still doesn't work. pretty much all the plug ins were outdated at that point so I updated them all, cleared my cookies etc.

btw, this is only a problem on a XP pro machine. my 7pro at home works just fine.

it sucks because that's my work computer and I can't use gmail or anything. plus gmail doesn't work with IE8 and that's the highest you can get on xp. they wont let us install chrome. it doesn't work with our database stuff.:bangdesk

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Hm idk. Good luck, working fine on my macs

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just wanted to give you props for the thread title. That's rather amusing. LOL
Would love to help you out otherwise but I'm a Google Chrome junkie.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
While we're on the subject...

I can NEVER get youtube to work onb ANY forum. I can goto the youtube link and it works fine.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I switched over from IE to FireFox about a year ago or longer. I had been very happy with the switch up until about a month or so ago. My computer started freezing and videos were very choppy. This was on my school laptop, so I brought it into IT, assuming it was the computer. They said they couldn't find anything wrong with it, but they don't offer IT support for Firefox; only IE. I decided to try IE, and the problems disappeared. I then dowloaded Google Chrome and the problems were also non-existent. I then went back to Firefox and the problems immediately resurfaced. I've been using Chrome for about a month now and have been very happy with it. I actually like it more than Firefox back before it was causing me problems.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also noticed on a computer with multiple accounts firefox has to be changed on all the accounts. so if one person updates their firefox, everyone that has an account on that computer has to update their firefox.
that's a pain in the ass. IE might be the same way. this is why I said f it and use my personal laptop at work. I can keep it the way I want it and no one can fuck with it.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
when i first did the 18 update it kept crashing and I switched browsers for a week, everything seems to be back to normal now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just download google chrome.. at first you wont like it.. then you will get used to it and never want to go back to FF again

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just download google chrome.. at first you wont like it.. then you will get used to it and never want to go back to FF again
well it doesn't work with our database we use at work ( it's online and out of our control) the only 2 supported browsers are FF and IE8,9.

i find it very annoying that it's 2013 and there still isn't a standard for this stuff. why does one work for some and not everything?
can't wait for HTML5 to come out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts