Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
a few years back when my credit was a little spotty, I was looking for a loan to buy my truck. I got several quotes for 18-20% interest rates, then landmark got me in for 8%. I would also highly reccommend them. Also look into educator's credit union.

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
I would recommend Greater Milwaukee credit union (formerly known as Greater Milwaukee and Government Employee Credit union). I have my car and my bike with them, and both are at 4.9%. They have an online form for you to request a loan with them and you'll get an answer the next day. Check 'em out:

http://www.gmgecu.com/GMGECU/

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
mykrowsy said:
a few years back when my credit was a little spotty, I was looking for a loan to buy my truck. I got several quotes for 18-20% interest rates, then landmark got me in for 8%. I would also highly reccommend them. Also look into educator's credit union.

Unless your going to a credit union...there really is no use in establishing "local" ties to banks as they are all owned by major banks that are out of state and don't have that "local" flavor anymore....only the credit unions have that.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
+1 on landmark!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I just got 4.9% through my insurance agency, State Farm...

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
5.4% on the Gixxer with landmark. I like em. I have heard that the UWM credit union has had rates in the 3.9% range.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dealer

Check with Greater Milwaukee credit union, But also check what the dealer can do. I checked several places and the dealer was able to get a better rate. I'm not sure how but they did.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Mines through MMCU at 5.4%. The people there are super dooper nice...they make me want to borrow more money.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
scubacross said:
well I talked to Landmark and here is the thing - they need a copy of the title and the person to come into the bank with you? I have never taken a loan out on a bike, let alone a used, private party bike. This seems like a big hassle considering the bike is 3 hours away.

Any places that just need a VIN number or will give the loan w/o needing a copy of the title. This is a huge PITA, especially when trying to barter with a person on price. I would rather just leave them out of it. Any opinions/thoughts?

Thanks! :cheers

What are you buying?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Guardian credit union www.guardiancu.org thats where i got my bike through depening on what your looking to get from them (amount and time) they have different interest rates i'd check them out look into their other banking options too great credit union

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
scubacross said:
well I talked to Landmark and here is the thing - they need a copy of the title and the person to come into the bank with you? I have never taken a loan out on a bike, let alone a used, private party bike. This seems like a big hassle considering the bike is 3 hours away.

Any places that just need a VIN number or will give the loan w/o needing a copy of the title. This is a huge PITA, especially when trying to barter with a person on price. I would rather just leave them out of it. Any opinions/thoughts?

Thanks! :cheers
See my post earlier about Greater Milwaukee Credit Union. I've always been able to get everything squared away over phone/fax/online with them, and the only thing to do in person was pick up the check. They're in West Allis on 84th right by the State Fair grounds.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Jokertlr said:
I just got 4.9% through my insurance agency, State Farm...

I always go through state farm for my loans

1 - 18 of 18 Posts