Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally Eclipsed the 10,000 mark on the ZX14. The 10,000th mile was reached just east of Spearfish, SD on US85.

And when I got home, I found some time to work on the trailer and installed my strapless stand:

Reactions: max384

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Well, I see your problem right away! If you have a 193 mile range, you're riding too slow!

FWIW, my 2006 ZX-14 was running as well at 26K when I sold it as when new. Better, actually, since I removed the butterflies and PC3ed it.

KeS

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I see your problem right away! If you have a 193 mile range, you're riding too slow!

KeS
true, i had already rode 60+ miles before reaching that mark. but then again, there is still sand in many corners, so I gotta take it easy. I m shooting to get over 20,000 this year since i cannot afford trackdays this summer.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
I think I got over 200 miles on a tank exactly ONCE, and that was pure slab. Part of that is the helpfully oxygenated and alcoholled CA fuel.

Surprisingly, the K1300S gets *much* better mileage, I'm over 40mpg much of the time and I've seen 50. Absolutely the best gas mileage of any of my +500cc bikes ever.

KeS

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
how long did it take? I recall when I got my R6 at the end of jan in 03 by sept it had close to 11k and I couldn't really ride it till april/may.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Nice... The 14 should last you a good long while. I had 60k on my 08 ZX14 before I sold her. And she was still running great. The only thing I had to do as far as needed stuff was to install a ZX12 mechanical timing chain tensioner as the factory one uses oil pressure and as the chain gets a little looser (but not needing replaced) it takes a while for it to adjust. Put that mechanical one in and no more noise when first starting. And it wasnt expensive.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I just nailed 1500 miles this season.
started riding april 9th.
:D

·
Registered
848 Posts
Surprisingly, the K1300S gets *much* better mileage, I'm over 40mpg much of the time and I've seen 50. Absolutely the best gas mileage of any of my +500cc bikes ever.

KeS
one of the reasons i miss the VFR. got 55MPG and treating it in the middle. hammering it, yeah, it would get somewhere in the 40's.

now, my 04 750, that was a totally different story... babying it i MIGHT get 34.

GRATS on the 10k mark. once i get back there, i'll hit 10k in short order. man i miss the Hills. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts