Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally.... U.S. Constitution translated into Ebonics..okay, just the preamble..

Yo buss dis. THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (See Note 1) We de folk uh de United States, in Orduh to form a mo perfect Union, establish Justice, insho domestic Tranquility, give up fuh de common defence, promote de general Welfare, an' secua de Blessins uh Liberty to ourselves an' our Posterity, do ordain an' establish dis Constitution fuh de United States uh America.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
OMG hahahahah! now the youth can understand it! hahaha!!

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Why is that racist. I thought that blacks embraced embonics as their own language?

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
f2benny said:
Why is that racist. I thought that blacks embraced embonics as their own language?
that's exactly it. don't assume. "dude" "awesome" "fuckin a", hell the entire english language is made up of words that were'nt seen as actual words till it was common place. and it's always the ass who makes fun of things he/she does'nt approve of or understand do to the fact that said person did'nt grow up in that environment. and the way you put it took me back to the days of blackface and ignorance. i'm to young for that time period but none the less it's apart of my history and i feel the need to explore it. everyone uses slang or incorrect english in some form all the time and if you wanna get technical,english is broken english. a slang speach in and of itself derived from the english and made of all different dialects. so the next time you talk to a person that does'nt fit your mold, remember that you yourself are doing the exact same thing. look it up

·
Banned
912 Posts
Bla Bla Bla

Having family from Cali I know that a couple years back some california school districs wanted to teach embonics. The argument went all the way to the supreme court. It was ruled that embonics has no educational value and that the simple use of it makes you a assbag or something like that. Many reports were written saying embonics was a part of the black comunities culture. I think that it was best said that you can understand someone high on crack better then someone speeking embonics!

Sorry about the spelling errors I went to public school yo! :dunno

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Hmm. What gave you that idea?

It is, of course, one thing to be racist. But it's a step lower to defend it with some attempt at a clever -- yet still racist -- retort.
Because when Chicago and parts of California wanted to teach it, large portions of the black community defended it as their culture, that's why. You know, not everything that involves part of black culture as a comment is necessarily racist to anyone but a knee jerk liberal.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
GUYS.....You know where threads about racist issues end up.....They usually get locked. Everyone remember to tread lightly and play nice. Just a friendly reminder. Thanks.

Myself, I though the the original post was somwhat funny. It's just too tough for me to read.

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Where is the rest of it? thats only da preamble biatch.

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
Justin726 said:
GUYS.....You know where threads about racist issues end up.....They usually get locked. Everyone remember to tread lightly and play nice. Just a friendly reminder. Thanks.

Myself, I though the the original post was somwhat funny. It's just too tough for me to read.
You've abdicated your responsibility here. I thought you guys weren't going to allow racist shit anymore. Isn't that what you decided?

Oh and the Supreme Court stuff above is total BS.

·
Registered
109 Posts
mykrowsy said:
Yo buss dis. THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (See Note 1) We de folk uh de United States, in Orduh to form a mo perfect Union, establish Justice, insho domestic Tranquility, give up fuh de common defence, promote de general Welfare, an' secua de Blessins uh Liberty to ourselves an' our Posterity, do ordain an' establish dis Constitution fuh de United States uh America.
:lame :dunno

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
http://linguistlist.org/topics/ebonics/ebonics-res2.html

The resolution regarding ebonics by the Oakland School System. Unanimously adopted btw. I find this discussion fascinating frankly. If the original post had said, "here's the constitution translated so ignorant black people could understand it," then I'd agree that it was totally racist and wrong. But, as it is written, it is simply stating a translation into a recognized dialect. I'm sure nobody is saying that certain black people don't speak ebonics, or that some whites don't for that matter. I don't think there's a value judgment in the original post. I am not racist in the least, but I think we should use our heads before we label someone's post racist.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is a quote from Japbike under pictures, about a guys fur on his seat.. Is this not also a racist statement??????

"well, why don't you do this, keep it stock (looks better any way) and sorry man but learn to speak English.. Your a white boy from Tennessee, please spare us with the ga ga ghetto talk.. blah oh and by the way, where's your gear? and just a lid, dosen't count...."

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Vote to close this worthless thread...

Side note--I am voting for no other reason than the fact that all this thread can do is make people argue about racism...

·
Registered
400 Posts
I can't believe some people are so up tight.....He probably posted this to be a joke, take it as that. There are tons of jokes about whites, rednecks, blacks, japs, blondes, etc......He wasn't trying to be racist, he was simply posting. Damn guys, come on. I bet half the guys getting upset are white people. I probably have a handful of white friends and the rest other races, and none of them are this up tight about this. Relax a little.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
TX35 said:
This is a quote from Japbike under pictures, about a guys fur on his seat.. Is this not also a racist statement??????

"well, why don't you do this, keep it stock (looks better any way) and sorry man but learn to speak English.. Your a white boy from Tennessee, please spare us with the ga ga ghetto talk.. blah oh and by the way, where's your gear? and just a lid, dosen't count...."

eeeeeeeeesh! don't get me involved in this... seriously. :flipa I was being a smart ass, and besides, it's common knowlege now adays that any thing anyone says is considered racist. I say what I say, never trying to insult any one. If I do, I apologize and move on.

·
Registered
981 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Please get rid of this ignorant racist shit.
how was it racist? just cuz YOU associate ebonics with a certain race? of my graduating highschool class 2 years ago, MORE white kids spoke that way than the blacks did. so HOW is ebonics racist??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.