Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It feels nice to have learnt riding bikes this weekend (hey, where is my weekend!?!). First thing tomorrow I am going to get my new license with 'M' on it. :D

It was becasue of you guys that I took the MSF and I learnt a lot from it. Now, I don't have a bike nor any friends who ride. So I want to get a bike.
Most people on this forum advice to start small. I am gonna go ahead and start with a 500cc bike. And most people also advice to get a used bike.

But at this point I am not really sure of where to get a bike from...the dealership or individuals? I would like to sit on the bikes and see which ones are most comfortable and look good. How do I know which one is good or what are the buying procedures for a bike? Some ways dealers may try to 'scam' you? What to look for in a used bike?

So I am gonna rely on you guys again.
lats
Ashwin

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Guys, I found a bike near me: 2000 KAWASAKI NINJA, 500, 1100mi, like new, blue, garage kept, never dropped, mint, recent tuneup, $3650

Looks nice in the picture provided, although its not clear. I am gonna probably take a look at it in the next 2-3 days, so tell me what to ask the owner? And what common things to look for?

Thanks
Ashwin

EDIT: how is the price for that

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
taziscool said:
First look at the link RacerX posted about used bike buying tips.

Second, that price SUCKS! 3k retail on that yr/model from KBB.....he is waaay high. You should be able to get it for 25-2800!
Yeah, I am reading that right now. I just called the guy and he said he bought the bike for 7k... :boid

The bike retails for 5.9 k I think or was it 4,9? I want to ask you people about one more thing...he said he had to replace/redo the carbuerettor because the bike was lying idle for a long time? How safe is it to buy a bike like that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.