Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my bike for about a year and change and have not seen one other FZ6 rider. I have been all over and nothing. But - It has been a glorious three days here... I have seen two - hopefully members here... but I won't get my hopes up.

First one - This past weekend, in Hermosa Beach, California (tad south of LA). Someone riding down Hermosa Ave on a faster blue one. I heard that exhaust from my porch and just knew. I was able to hop out to the sidewalk fast enough to see it go by.

Second one - Today on the way to work in El Segundo, CA - at the corner of El Segundo Blvd and Aviation. First sighting while on my bike. We both lane split up to the front at the light and I got the green first - and got to drive by my first FZ6 while riding mine. I honked and waved like a little girl - I was excited. Whatever tho - first time seieng one while riding since I got the bike over a year ago. Good new tho, well to those with theories about who rides the FZ6, the rider was prolly an engineer heading to work in that area.... same as me. ok - i'm done having a moment. Get back to work! Slacker

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Superman- let's ride when I get down there. I'll be a bit north of Ontario. Then you'll have a count of three.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuzz Bomb said:
Superman- let's ride when I get down there. I'll be a bit north of Ontario. Then you'll have a count of three.
that'd be ca-ool. when will that be?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
By early September I should be settled in. I'm hoping to ride down the last week of August. Then I'll post another one of my big ride reports that Segue00 loves so much. :lol

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
righto!

·
I'll have another IPA!
565 Posts
superman89 said:
First one - This past weekend, in Hermosa Beach, California (tad south of LA). Someone riding down Hermosa Ave on a faster blue one. I heard that exhaust from my porch and just knew. I was able to hop out to the sidewalk fast enough to see it go by.
I wasn't me, but I ride down Hermosa Ave. ~10 days on one of my rides around PV Peninsula.

In 19 months of owning the FZ, I have only seen 5 others in the LA area. However, 2 of these were side-by-side on the 57 fwy in Diamond Bar, both being ridden by women! :)

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love PV. A few of us are going to go up to the Glendora Ridge either this weekend or the next. Let me know if you'd like to join.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I only saw one, a silver one, parked outside the patio of some restaurants at a restaurant/movie theatre complex along with another bike (an old gixxer, I don't remember). I was going to the movies, all the way at the other side of the complex, but I parked my bike right beside the other FZ anyway and walked.

The other guy's bike was stock, he didn't even take the stickers off, either it was brand new or the guy likes to be warned about everything under the sun every time he gets on it. Anyway, when I got out of the movie the other bikes were gone and I never saw another one again. :p

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've seen only one riding in 5 months. I did see a silver one parked, up by Depo Bay on the Oregon coast, don't suppose it was somebody on SBN was it?? It was a few weeks ago.
Edit: It was at the Devils Cauldron.

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
I saw one or two on highway 92 and maybe 880 before I bought mine. I don't think I've seen one while on my bike, only while in my truck...

·
Registered
581 Posts
biker6 said:
I saw one or two on highway 92 and maybe 880 before I bought mine. I don't think I've seen one while on my bike, only while in my truck...
To date I've seen two of them. A Silver in American Canyon, and a (faster) Blue one parked near North Face Outlet in Berkeley.

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
FZ6nIT said:
To date I've seen two of them. A Silver in American Canyon, and a (faster) Blue one parked near North Face Outlet in Berkeley.
Ohhh, I bet the roads up there in Am. Cam. are great! I haven't ridden in the Napa area, only Marin + 1 up to Bodega.

If you had been out through Tilden Park this weekend you would have seen two fastest silvers and a beemer. :grinbounc

·
Registered
78 Posts
Head up north a ways and we can ride some twistys. I'm up in Redding and ride everyday it isn't raining when I leave for work inthe morning. Weekend fun in the mountains when I get a chance.

BTW - I hardly ever see other FZ6's (or 1's for that matter) on the road. Stopped by the local dealership to grab some stuff and one of the salesmen (new guy) was all over my bike - he hadn't see one in person before mine.

Just seems like cruisers and supersports are MUCH more common than a naked sport-touring bike.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I think I'll be passing through Redding at the end of the month. We'll be headed from the coast over towards Lake Tahoe. I've already been warned there's a LEO in Redding that targets bikes on 299 by tailgating to get them to speed. We've got a few using that trick up here too, in Vancouver.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen an FZ6 out in public before... Maybe once but that's about it. Man I never really thought how little I see those bikes! WOW!

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
Fuzz Bomb said:
...I've already been warned there's a LEO in Redding that targets bikes on 299 by tailgating to get them to speed. We've got a few using that trick up here too, in Vancouver.
WOW! What a d*ck move! :mad: :finger You can see how I feel about that kind of thing. :lol Thanks for the heads up on that guys. Maybe we should start a new thread "LEO Tricks"?

Someone needs to catch that guy doing the tailgating on tape, and then take it to his Superior Officer and watch him get spanked for reckless driving. :bitchslap

http://www.sportbikecam.com/

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know several local LEO and have never heard of this tactic. Heck - a bunch of them ride supersports or HD's. The thing they are doing is setting up speed traps with 2 cars - 1 about a mile or two ahead of the other in case the bike decides to run.
Might be Trinity Co. sheriff's that are playing that "game".

Ride safe,
Bruce in Redding

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
Well that's good and reassuring. I guess like any group, one bad representative can ruin the reputation of the whole unit. Hopefully your friends are out there being the opposite of that turkey up north.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts