Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the daylight and when I saw one at night I though it was hot. The one I saw today wanted to make me puke. I think I am turning into a Yamaha man. God what an ugly bike...thoughts, opinions?

Dan

·
Registered
51 Posts
i saw a kid on one the other day about droped it at a stop light. That thing is nasty looking. It made me want to buy the 1000rr even more

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
i finally saw one up close today at the dealership. Saw it from the back end.. :barf didn't like the look at all.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
what's interesting is I couldn't really tell the 1000's apart from the 600's

sizewise they're about the same

Rascus, did you notice how I kept staring at the key in the 1000's ignition?

I wanted the salesguy to start it up so badly :D

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
I guess beauty is really in the eye of the beholder because I like the looks of the 05 GSXR 1000 except for the pipe. I sat on one at a dealership and was amazed at how small and light it felt. With an aftermarkt pipe I think they look great.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm not sure why everyone hates the gixxer 1000 so much. I absolutely love it. I think it looks great (yes, even the can!) and it feels amazing (just from sitting on it for a short time at the dealership)

·
Registered
886 Posts
I love how it looks. The thing that always tells me it is a 1000 first is the integrated headlights/mirrors. Only thing about the looks is they need to change that "gixxer" blue/white - yellow/black paint scheme to something else, or at least change it to a significantly different blue/white - yellow/black paint scheme if they must keep up tradition.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I think it's a pretty good looking bike. Infact, I think all of the big 4's current litre production line looks pretty good.

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
starrt86 said:
i saw a kid on one the other day about droped it at a stop light. That thing is nasty looking. It made me want to buy the 1000rr even more
DITTO...... I dont really care for any of the new Gixxers... I had a 97 GSXR600 and loved the whole 97 and up lineup... until the new styles came out. Then again, maybe it just needs to grow on me some. At first I didn't really care for the 2001 body style Mustangs but now... my wife owns a Cobra Convertible

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
djt81185 said:
In the daylight and when I saw one at night I though it was hot. The one I saw today wanted to make me puke. I think I am turning into a Yamaha man. God what an ugly bike...thoughts, opinions?

Dan
Front fairing is pretty gross, yep. I also don't like the shape of the pipe. I hate this new triangular thing that's going on.

·
Curve Connaisseur
364 Posts
The R1 will always be the best looking bike and that is just a plain and simple FACT. :eatpop

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
TTsixxer said:
Last saturday's track day this guy shows up on a brand new yellow gixxer 1000 with paper plates and all. He crashed it.
\

ouch...I hope the bike was already paid for.

:(

at the MSF class at LCC someone had a '05 gixxer 1000.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The headlight is shitty on the new gixxer, but everything else is sweet looking IMO. Not to mention its super small and light, there is a reason its the best in its class. If i was to buy a bike for looks..the 1000RR takes it hands down, then the Ninja. Why does everyone like the R1 styling so much? other than the fact that everyone has one (in MN anyway), i think it looks like a bird lol. The older ones look better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Qwikk said:
The R1 will always be the best looking bike and that is just a plain and simple FACT. :eatpop
+1 :cheers 05 Raven is the best bike around for the street IMO
Has it all Looks, Handling, Ergos, Reliability.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
alphaandomega said:
The headlight is shitty on the new gixxer, but everything else is sweet looking IMO. Not to mention its super small and light, there is a reason its the best in its class. If i was to buy a bike for looks..the 1000RR takes it hands down, then the Ninja. Why does everyone like the R1 styling so much? other than the fact that everyone has one (in MN anyway), i think it looks like a bird lol. The older ones look better.
I feel the same way. Everybody and their uncle has an R1. The new 1KRR is really nice. Reliable, good ergos, and not as common as the R1 (which scores some points in my book).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts