wēk sôs
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting some suggestions between the
06-07 Gsxr 600
or
06 zx6r

Im wanting to commute from school, work, and a little joyriding
and possibly see some track time, at Hallet, or local scca events, it will probably never see a dragstrip.

i been on a 150cc moped since the age of 14(it is my sisters moped so i still ride it day to day cause its fun), and then went to a 250cc ninja, and finally on a gs500e.

whats pros and cons of these bikes??

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
I personally like the looks and feel of the ZX6r and hate the look of the gsxr.

Also I'd say a 636 would prolly fit the bill well not sure when they stopped them

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
neither one would be good for 2/3 of what you plan on doing/

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
^^Depends on who you are. I like pain and even riding a friends R6 wasn't that bad. That said I think the zx is a better looking bike, built better, and the kawi makes your penis b*****

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Don't know about the '06, but the earlier zx6r's were torture racks. Probably the most uncomfortable 600 (636) ever made. Get the Suzi. :)

·
wēk sôs
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the response,
Tuesday Im going to Ajax Kawasaki, an Performance Cycles Suzuki, to see what they have, and sit on a few.

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
Suzuki Pro: none...
Suzuki Con: Ugly, squid bike, most stolen motorcycle

Kawaski Pro: Cool looking... Meangreen rides one :)
Kawaski Con: Meangreen rides one...

Yamaha R6 is what you should get.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Suzuki Pro: none...
Suzuki Con: Ugly, squid bike, most stolen motorcycle

Kawaski Pro: Cool looking... Meangreen rides one :)
Kawaski Con: Meangreen rides one...

Yamaha R6 is what you should get.
ya suzukis are ugly, not like a ural or anything. plenty of quids on every bike

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
cbr's have been notorious for an "all around" SS if there is such a thing. I think the new daytona 675 is pretty nice too.
But not even close to comfy

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
You guys need to put your crack pipes down. The newer GSXRs are some of the most comfortable sportbikes around. I put 32k miles in 2.5 years on my gsxr600, and a lot of that was long road trips and commuting.

As to looks, most sportbikes are just plain sex on wheels. GSXRs are no different. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway.

OP - go to the dealer and sit on the bikes you are considering and see which one you think looks and feels the best, and has features that will be useful to you (clock, multiple trip-meters, how limited the storage space is, can you use a magnetic tank bag, etc).

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
No one said that they aren't comfortable. Just not as comfortable as the CBR.

True beauty is in the eye of the beholder but you'll find on average more people who think the gsxrs are uglier than billy ray cyrus.

·
Registered
393 Posts
No one said that they aren't comfortable. Just not as comfortable as the CBR.

True beauty is in the eye of the beholder but you'll find on average more people who think the gsxrs are uglier than billy ray cyrus.
compared to a B-A-N-A-N-A, shits bananas, seat of course its going to seem ugly.

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
compared to a B-A-N-A-N-A, shits bananas, seat of course its going to seem ugly.
Poor emo gsxr owners always getting pissy when someone calls their bike out:eek:nfloor

GSXR=ugly, run of the mill civic of bikes

·
Registered
393 Posts
Poor emo gsxr owners always getting pissy when someone calls their bike out:eek:nfloor

GSXR=ugly, run of the mill civic of bikes
lol ya really pissy. i could care less if someone "calls my bike out"

the only people that do that or really give a shit are uber squids, like yourself, who argue about which new ss bike makes the most peak power (and as you were "called out" in the other thread, it isnt your precious honda)

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
lol ya really pissy. i could care less if someone "calls my bike out"

the only people that do that or really give a shit are uber squids, like yourself, who argue about which new ss bike makes the most peak power (and as you were "called out" in the other thread, it isnt your precious honda)
Poor emo kid. Its only gsxr owners who get up in arms if not everyone likes their bike. Lol and yes I'm an uber squid. Lol you're a fool and might want to get shit right fuckstick I simply said that the R6 doesn't make much power compared to the CBR below 10k thats it and its true.

Go fap to your squidmobile:eek:nfloor

1 - 20 of 73 Posts