Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh, I always dreaded this day that I get pulled over on all things my bike. And something told me it was going to happen yesterday too. But basically to make a long story short, I had just got off work (working in ~100 degree weather for 5 hours, hadn't eaten, hadn't relaxed quite yet) when after I got home I call my girlfriend telling her I just got home and was about to eat. I had called her earlier saying I would come pick her up later and we would do whatever. But she got a hissy fit (time of the month) saying that she thought I said I was going to be right over as soon as I got home and I wasn't about to argue with her for long, so I gave in and said I'll get you now.

So I saddle up on the bike as I wanted to save gas and get the ride over with. So I'm riding a little heated...I hop onto the interstate and instead of cruising at 80mph, I hold it to about 105mph. I'm in the HOV lane about to get over to pass a Maroon colored car into the middle lane when I notice that car suddenly brake, and I think to myself, there's probably a cop up here. So I slow down to the same speed as the car and make the lane switch to the middle lane. Sure enough, I can see a cop sitting outside with his gun.

I slowed down to 75, but I guess it was somehow too late. And I had no idea this cop was going to come after me, and I didn't turn my head once, just checked my mirrors, as I didn't want to be too obvious. But about a half mile down after speeding back up to 80 or so, the cop is on my ass. And naturally, I screamed FUCK!!! I'm seriously pissed off now but I kept my cool and just pulled over.

I threw on the emergencies, took the key out of the ignition, took my helmet off, and put the kick stand down and the cop just got to me. He told me to give him my key and I did and then asked me for licence, insurance, and registration. I gave him everything and forgot I hadn't put my registration back in my wallet and couldn't give him that. But he ran the tags and of course its mine. So anyway, he clocked me at 81 in a 65, but ticketed me for 74. He was cool about it saying that he used to ride a long time ago on some kind of Yamaha, but forgot what. I was telling him about how I was planning to sell the bike and go figure that this happens right before I even attempt to do so. And we just conitued the conversation for a few minutes.

We shook hands and then went our merry ways.

Twinsen = :urowned

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
That's nothing. If your record is clear they will probably throw out the point and give you a $50.00 fine or something. Your lucky you had a cool cop that put you to < 10 under.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Twinsen said:
He told me to give him my key and I did and then asked me for licence, insurance, and registration.
Wow. That's messed up. Are you required by law to give them the key????!!!

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
mikem317 said:
Wow. That's messed up. Are you required by law to give them the key????!!!
What's messed up? Nothing wrong with that. He wasn't going anywhere for a few minutes anyway.
He got a very fair deal. And I'm sure the cop gave the key back... :rolleyes

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
jk750 said:
What's messed up? Nothing wrong with that. He wasn't going anywhere for a few minutes anyway.
He got a very fair deal. And I'm sure the cop gave the key back... :rolleyes
Obviously he gave the key back. I just never heard of handing over the keys. They never teach you to do that in Mass. Is it customary/polite and/or the law?

·
Registered
488 Posts
well i think this calls for a congratualtions, not something to be upset about.. your lucky you didnt get clocked at 105..if you hadnt noticed the cars slowing up, your story may have been different.. Your also lucky the fuzz didnt fuck with you at all.. he could have easily given you shit about the reg and ticketed you for actual speed you were goin, then to make matters worse he could have inspected your bike from font to back consulting his lil fuzzy owners manual making sure everything was EXACTLY to code.

So congrats! :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
I hadn't heard of the giving the cop the key thing either, but glad I know now in case I get pulled over, I'll not think anything about it, other wise I might be freaking out lol.

and Im wanting to know about the emergency flashers also.

·
Registered
488 Posts
yes. all 2005 and i think 2004 suzuki sport bikes have emergency flashers..

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yeah you definitely made out pretty good on that one.

Last time I had an encounter with the law I was doing 140 in a 45 and the cop was coming in the other direction. As I went by I saw him hit the brakes and start to pull a U-turn, I let off the gas a bit just to see if he was actually gonna try and to my amazment by the time he had turned around and started for me he must have realized it would have been pointless to try to chase me, I assuming he thought I would run. As I started slowing down I looked back and was like "holy shit!" the cop turned around again and was now heading back in his original direction! I thanked god for that one and just chilled on the bike for the rest of that afternoon! :banana :banana

Since then I haven't been pushing my luck with speed any more.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Twin...bro you got off good man. Just think it could have been worse....ME and Scrapyard off this board were riding here locally comming home from the usual weekend routine as we got off I-4 onto US301 there is this nice nice cloverleaf....you can actually get off I-4 to 301, back onto I-4, back off to 301, back onto I-4 and keep going and going till you get dizzy.....well i had the 900RR at a peg scraping lean and Scrappy was on his TLR nipping at my heels....well after we got into the heavy part of the curve i was gone......i exited the curve onto the straightaway on US301 at around 125MPH and proceeded to accelatate to aprox 140MPH before checking the mirrors to see where Scrappy was.....i seen him comming and laid on it....all of a sudden i seen out of the corner of my eye a Deputy light em up......he flipped a u turn and proceeded to give that poor crown vic all it had as Scrappy pulled alongside me....he looked over and i pulled up the mask (we were doing about 80MPH by now) and said to him "Im pullin over man, you can go if you wanna" He shook his head "no" and pulled over with me....well we had such a lead on this poor guy we had time to take off helmets and Scrappy had a ciggarette lit before this guy pulled in. The 1st thing this guy said to us was "I cant believe you stopped" I said "I have no reason to run from you sir, you got a job to do. I was in the wrong there" He said "ok guys lemme get the licenses" he ran us and proceeded to tell us it was our lucky day....he let us go no tickets or nothing....but before we rode off he said this..."look at what you had to deal with up ahead about 3/4 mile up....take care guys and slow it down" Well we rode off not believing what just happened.....then we seen it.....a DUI checkpoint....this meant 2 Sheriff's cars ready to block our path....we would have went to jail had we ran....or worse...sometimes it pays to pull over

Edit: oh yea i forgot...he clocked me at 135 MPH in a 45 :)

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
Twinsen said:
He was cool about it saying that he used to ride a long time ago on some kind of Yamaha, but forgot what.
man, they all say that.

"i used to ride, a yamakawi zyzr-8...yup, been riding longer than you've been alive..."

bullshit, everyone of them i tell ya!

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mucho Gonzales said:
man, they all say that.

"i used to ride, a yamakawi zyzr-8...yup, been riding longer than you've been alive..."

bullshit, everyone of them i tell ya!
Yeah, he could have been. He said it was an Inline-4 and that he did all his own work and he had it pegged to 135mph (glad he wasn't there when I did a few top speed runs *ahem*), and blah, blah. I'm sure the only reason he took my key was so I still wouldn't try to run even after all the stuff I did to stop. And yeah, the '05 has emergencies, hell even my Kaw has emergencies. Some got 'em, some don't I guess.

And yeah, I'm seriously considering selling the 1000 along with the Kaw. The way I see it, I'd rather have $15,000 in my hands to take care of some other things, start my business and then maybe buy a salvaged/insurance claim 1000 and fix it up or something. I'm not liking the whole idea of the 1000 frame being so fragile. but I dunno for sure yet, its just something I'm thinking about. I LOVE the 1000, but I think I got it without thinking...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Reckless01 said:
ME and Scrapyard off this board were riding here locally comming home from the usual weekend routine as we got off I-4 onto US301 there is this nice nice cloverleaf....you can actually get off I-4 to 301, back onto I-4, back off to 301, back onto I-4 and keep going and going till you get dizzy.....

mmm... Lucky Charms !!

you all have gotten off pretty easy..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts