Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my name is Reza and I work for Blutek Helmet out of Oklahoma. We manufacture and sell integrated Bluetooth helmets. Our product has integrated Bluetooth into motor cycle helmets and still maintain DOT and Snell approval.

There is no need for external clunky adapters anymore, the only external hint of the technology is our multi-function button on the outside of the helmet. Just a couple of features for you guys:

Blutek headsets can connect to your mobile phone or any device that supports Bluetooth wireless technology and supports a Headset profile or the Handsfree profile. When the headset is connected to your mobile phone, you can handle incoming and outgoing calls (HFP), listen to music (A2DP),and adjust the volume, using the buttons on the headset.

Our helmets also pause music if you are listening to it and somebody calls, then plays it again after you get off the phone. They also pair with each other so you can communicate with your passenger or another rider without requiring a phone.

Our factory is finishing up our first batch of 1000 pieces that will be ready to ship early June. We are also opening up a design contest for you photoshop guys, basically the best design gets a free helmet with that design and your insignia on the helmet.

Our website is constantly being updated and the graphics and colors will be available shortly.

Thanks Guys!

Reza

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
I would gladly advertise them for you. I would wear it every day and make sure I post up how great they are . . . I will even put it in my sig. . .

Seriously, I would love to check one out. In return I would write up a demo report, complete with photos, etc . . . Hey, it's what I do.

·
Site Sponsor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, the plan is to make both Biketoberfest, and Bike Week next year, we were trying this year but just couldn't make it. I should be getting product photos this week, our new website goes up the end of the month, then we are at full tilt. I'll keep you guys in the loop and you may have some PM's coming your way.

·
Site Sponsor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes sir, we have been slacking on it lately to be honest. We have a template, but I'm not too thrilled about it (not the easiest to modify). We are currently looking for a Adobe wiz locally that can develop a wrap around template from the helmet itself. If you're interested I can show you what I have...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes sir, we have been slacking on it lately to be honest. We have a template, but I'm not too thrilled about it (not the easiest to modify). We are currently looking for a Adobe wiz locally that can develop a wrap around template from the helmet itself. If you're interested I can show you what I have...
Yes please show me what you have to work with. I have a graphic design and artist background. A PM or email is fine. My email is haknslash2003 AT yahoo DOT com (obviously without the spaces and use the correct abbrevs.)

BTW I noticed you signed up on our local boards (Alabama Sportbike Community). Nice of you to sign up and help spread the word. Our forum is laid back so I don't think you'll have to deal with sponsors and all that.

fourbartwo, I was impressed with the helmet last night. We had a guy show us his and its very light and looks well built. He did say he was going to try to send them for the dual speaker/non-DOT version. Sucks the safety nazi's had to get involved with making you guys have to use only one to be DOT 'legal' but that's what this world is coming to these days heh. He menionted the intercom worked great with the other guy locally who bought one. He said the voice coming thru the speaker was clear and not distorted at all.

I was going to bring my camera with me last night and take interior shots but rain was in the forecast and I didn't want to drown my camera gear. They are nice helmets IMO.

I will be getting one very soon, hopefully in my own design haha!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't want to spread misinformation but from what my riding buddy explained was that their original design was with dual speakers but that design would not pass DOT requirments. I'm asuming for trains, horns, emergency vehicles, so that theoretically you would still have one 'unblocked' ear that could hear these sounds. Silly I know, but that sounds typical of a DOT regulation. I think every non-helmet integrated bluetooth or intercom system for bikes is the same way as all the ones I've seen only use one speaker.

Reza, if I'm out of line or have been misinformed please let me know and i'll edit or delete my post. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my helmet yesterday..Long ride this weekend coming up and will let you know!
Sounds great, thanks!

I don't want to spread misinformation but from what my riding buddy explained was that their original design was with dual speakers but that design would not pass DOT requirments.
This sounds about right. I know for AL, it is legal to wear headphones under your helmet while riding, but not all states are that lax & will not allow you two block both ears. :cheers

·
Site Sponsor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for the late reply guys, I had a personal anger issue w/my computer, that coupled w/a new network at the office lead to some down time.

Like hacknslash said, we had issues with the DOT with the dual speaker helmets. Their argument why they didn't pass was that with 2 speakers and audio on the rider had the potential to not be fully aware of their environment reducing their ability to avoid accidents that they may not be at fault of.

With that being said, we have countless people who love them, it is primarily a communication device as not all phones have A2DP capabilities and most talk on their phone one ear at a time (although sometimes I do get caught using my headphones for my iPhone to make a call) so we aren't really taking away from that aspect.

Please guys, post up here if you have any questions or PM me. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, I got my helmet in today and love it. The sound is great for only being one ear and it is pretty comfortable too. It fits very nicely and I have no other complaints except the ONE they can't fix(the dual speakers)

·
Site Sponsor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey guys, I got my helmet in today and love it. The sound is great for only being one ear and it is pretty comfortable too. It fits very nicely and I have no other complaints except the ONE they can't fix(the dual speakers)
Thanks for the review Andy, glad you like it! I forwarded the issue about the dual speakers onto our legal team and although they think it is doubtful they will be communicating with the DOT if there is ANY work around to add the second speaker. Obviously anything legal is a lengthy process, but if there is a way to get it done and maintain approval, we will do it. Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts