Sport Bikes banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Just in case pictures don't do it for you, here is the 'textbook' answer from wikipedia:

Motorcycle accessories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Frame sliders, also called frame protectors, fairing protectors, or crash bobbins, are an accessory used on street motorcycles for the purpose of maintaining the bike's side fairings and internal components in the event of a crash, or preventing damage from dumping (dropping) the bike. They are made of plastics such as Delrin, acetal, or nylon, or sometimes aluminum. The frame sliders are usually located and installed on the engine bolts on the left and right side fairings.[5][6][7]

Along the same lines, sliders are sometimes added to motorcycle bar ends, and to front or rear axles, called fork sliders and swingarm spool sliders. These provide some potential damage reduction for the suspension components, wheels, and other parts by making contact with the ground before the rest of the bike. Hard-mounted foot pegs, which do not fold upward as normal original equipment foot pegs do, can also serve as a buffer between the ground and the bike's frame and components[8] but risk causing a spill if grounded unexpectedly.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I am mildy distracted by the tank in the background.

@I-Jo: Thanks for the clarification
I have long realized that I am not a fan of naked bikes. No disrespect to them or their riders just not my cup of tea.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
its not mine... its Kicshner's she highsided last summer- and got a costume paint job... we call it the Kawookie or the Suzuaki
and yes- we have several tank pictures with the bikes- fun times- glad you enjoyed it :D
Looks like Isobel to me.
lmao... that's because it IS Isobel!!!
I was glad I took my Sv on the trip- because we matched so well- but her bike really outshown mine- it has its own effervesent glow about it :)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
its not mine... its Kicshner's she highsided last summer- and got a costume paint job... we call it the Kawookie or the Suzuaki
and yes- we have several tank pictures with the bikes- fun times- glad you enjoyed it :D

lmao... that's because it IS Isobel!!!
I was glad I took my Sv on the trip- because we matched so well- but her bike really outshown mine- it has its own effervesent glow about it :)
You need a chin fairing, Jo. :hide

Oops, 2 posts in a row. Oh well. :sulk

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
bellypan?

yeah- but they are kinda pricey... I agree they really tie the whole look in together- but really its one less thing I have to deal with in maintence and paint and cleaning- I ride with all sorts of shit on the road through the winter as long as it isn't icey- so yeah... one more thing to deal with- but if you want to buy me one for christmas- i won't turn down free goodies!!! :D

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
bellypan?

yeah- but they are kinda pricey... I agree they really tie the whole look in together- but really its one less thing I have to deal with in maintence and paint and cleaning- I ride with all sorts of shit on the road through the winter as long as it isn't icey- so yeah... one more thing to deal with- but if you want to buy me one for christmas- i won't turn down free goodies!!! :D
I'll have to remember that. :p

Chin.
Fairing.

:p

·
Registered
715 Posts
Just goes to show that you don't watch my videos. *sniff sniff*

Honestly, you don't know of Isobel? :nono
Usually, I DO watch them...must have missed the Green Twin one though...sometimes I watch on my I-pad and they don't always work.
But...I'm a gonna have to look into what an SV-1K runs now. My painter hasn't seen me since I did a custom strip job on my Duck. If I run across a good deal on one, I'm gonna have to call him up cause that floats my boat.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Jeez, I go away for a day on the lake instead of stalking SBN and pictures of my bike end up splashed everywhere. And it wasn't even the actual pictures of the lowside, at least I'm used to stumbling across those.

Ooh. Didn't know you were in military.

IMO, don't repaint. Never know if you're gonna go down again. Makes it easier each time you drop the bike :p
Meh, dropping it the second time didn't bother me at all, even with the new paint. And I love the color, so eh. I wouldn't have painted it except the gas tank I got cheap was a different color than the fairings and I have a buddy who painted it for relatively cheap, so it all worked out.

Usually, I DO watch them...must have missed the Green Twin one though...sometimes I watch on my I-pad and they don't always work.
But...I'm a gonna have to look into what an SV-1K runs now. My painter hasn't seen me since I did a custom strip job on my Duck. If I run across a good deal on one, I'm gonna have to call him up cause that floats my boat.
Hmmm, maybe you didn't notice the bike was green because I was so far out in front of him it was hard to tell? :hide

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
^ :majoreact

Too damn mean. :( I'm robbing a bank tomorrow, quitting my job, buying all my track gear and running every damn track day in a 500 mile radius until we meet next. Then I won't have to see these cruel cruel remarks. :cry

...and Buster she's at the very beginning and end of my latest 2 videos. (Parking lot & intersections; the only times I caught up. I demand we play on MY roads next. :sulk)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kawasakipartshouse.com. Get a replacement bolt that snapped off (and whatever else is bent or scrapped beyond what you like) and you are good to go. Dont go near the insurance or you will be paying for this very minor mishap for a very long time. . . . then go get you some riding jeans with armor built in. Looks the same, if you find a sale it nearly costs the same as regular jeans too. just enough more protection to cut that knee scrape risk down a bit. You want it scrape proof then you need to go leather. I have 2 scars on my body (from the time I was wearing jeans just starting out) and 30 crashes later (after a racing career, and daily street riding, crashing more than once over 120 mph, more than once hit by a car) no more scars were added. Leather is the best

41 - 55 of 55 Posts