Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my permit expired the 22nd of this month I figured I'd better start making plans to get my license. Well today I had nothing to do and since there is one MVD(DMV to most states) location that does motorcycle skills test on saturday I figured "why not." I got there at about 10:45am and Finally took my test at 1pm. I was wearing full gear(AStars TZR leather jacket, Shoei TZ-1, Dainese Firestarter gloves, jeans and Sidi boots), and after the test was done my undershirt was drenched. But anyway I passed I didnt see my score, but I will tell you the tester was very cool. He let me have a few "do-overs" and gave me some good pointers.

Now anyone want to plan for a ride? devious, redoliander, or anyone else in the Maricopa county area? I have a weeks vacation due and I might plan for a short trip to San Diego in July(though I might chicken out and take my car). I would like to go somewhere different, I have already been to Payson and Bartlett via Cavecreek.
:popcorn

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
I got a couple mulligans when I took my test too. As was yours, my tester was cool, and was in a good mood because I was the only one to show up that was scheduled that day.

·
Registered
148 Posts
:cheers

Here in Cali the DMV is kinda like this: :flipa :chair :spank
You'd never get a drop in Skills Test, let alone any do-overs. Congrats on your liscence thou!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
We can get our licensing done through governmentally approved training courses, you go for the course for a weekend and at the end of the weekend it includes a test on the site. Pretty convenient, and you learn a lot getting your license at the same time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
segue00 said:
You didn't take an MSF course? The DMV waives the road/skills test if you take the course.
[edit] And, you get a discount on insurance.
Don't have the $$ to throw at the MSF course and the 10 bucks a year it would save on insurance isn't enough incentive for me.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
bryancfrench said:
Don't have the $$ to throw at the MSF course and the 10 bucks a year it would save on insurance isn't enough incentive for me.
They also have an experienced course that you can take later down the road.

·
Registered
370 Posts
bryancfrench said:
:cheers

Here in Cali the DMV is kinda like this: :flipa :chair :spank
You'd never get a drop in Skills Test, let alone any do-overs. Congrats on your liscence thou!
hahahaha, I tried to make an appointment for the DMV test and The soonest I could even get in was a month and a half out. I ended up taking the MSF but dang your state is cool. I think DMV in Ca deliberately makes it hard because they want you to take that class.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Here in Wyoming, if you pass the DOT class all you have to do is take the paperwork into the DMV and they give you your liscense. Also the class only costs 15 bucks.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Here in Ontario, all of our licensing is graduated. I had to pass 3 tests to get my car license, and 3 tests to get my motorcycle license - all of them at least about a year apart minimum. It seems like you guys have to barely do anything. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here in Alabama there isn't even a riding test. 20 question (I think) multiple choice and you get your license. Kinda scary isn't it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Grats on the license.

I took the MSF course a few years back when I first started driving. The price was worth it alone just to not stand in line at the MVD or take their test :)

I am up for a weekend ride as soon as I get past my first 600 mile checkup. That should be by this weekend if all goes well this week. Nice.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrats on your license, now be careful with it ;)

My Bike exam... took at least 45 minutes to be complete..

5 minutes of which doing do-overs
Also speeding and braking(hard)
U-turns
Parking
Driving in city traffic(Rush hour)
Using arms instead of turning signs.... etc etc...

When it ended... I thought... "Hooray... it's over!"

I passed 1st try

1 - 13 of 13 Posts