Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, finally got a different job doing something similar I do now. Be making $15 for first 45 days and then a pay raise from there, hopefully within $17-20hr. Which is doing Account Receivables related stuff and some new opportunity to learn from a small business that sells to mom and pop shops to big stores like Ralphs, Costco, Ross. They make quality gardening and kitchen supplies.

Once I see how the pay is in the month, I am going to make plans on moving out and making sure it's feasible. Since my dad said I will have to pay for my own gas, I said I'll get something efficient. Then he said will it be a motorcycle and I respond possibly. He'll pay for my gas if I live at home, but if I leave I have to pay for it. But I feel the motorcycle will save money and I it something I look forward to riding.

So trying to make a very big decision here if I should move out, be on my own, and own a motorcycle and let my dad sell the M3. It's a nice car, but for some reason it's just not as fun as riding a motorcycle when you still have to follow the same lame driving laws. The only way the M3 can be fun is speeding or wreckless driving, but cops give out tickets for stuff like that and I can't afford that. Unless I can get my parents to agree to pay for several speeding tickets a month as I speed indiscriminately just after I got a ticket and the high insurance premiums.

But since my parents said I can have a bike if I am on my own, I am working on doing exactly that and yet the dad is still mad at me for going through with it. I didn't go to all those interviews with the plan that I was going to continue let my parents run my life. Yeah, the new boss will be demanding but at least he'll let me ride a motorcycle to work. But yeah, I am 25 and I don't want to end up like my almost 28 yr old sister who still lives at home and had no motivation to live on her own. At least she's a girl so she can just marry some guy and live off his income. But I can't and being with my parents at 35 years old sounds extremely lame. I'm sure living on my own will be tough, but at least I will get more respect than having an M3 and living with my parents.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
It is dangerous for a girl to be out on her own, if you move out you should at least get a room mate to help keep you safe.

·
Registered
905 Posts
As for the M3 you aren't letting him do shit, it is his car, he can do whatever he wants with it.

If you get respect because you drive an M3 that your daddy bought you hang out with the wrong people.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As for the M3 you aren't letting him do shit, it is his car, he can do whatever he wants with it.

If you get respect because you drive an M3 you hang out with the wrong people.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Well ya I understand he'll sell it if I buy a motorcycle. He used it as a threat, but to me I sneak out to ride motorcycles anyways so it doesn't seem like much of a loss to me. It's more like does a motorcycle or an M3 that I can't speed in make me happier in the end. He didn't want to buy this used Porsche GT3 I had my eyes on because it was "too fast" because it could have been the car to help me forgo my motorcycle addiction.

I considered joining an M3 club, but I don't really feel like looking at cars all day and driving them at a legal speed limit. Unless we could race like Fast & Furious or Need for Speed, then those clubs would be more appealing but then we'd probably all get arrested or cause some major accident.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Make sure the job is going to work out, then move out, get a bike or whatever you want, and live. Its what its all about. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
25 and living at home isn't that bad.

IF you're going to school.

IF you're paying your own bills.

IF you have aspirations and an exit plan and strategy for living on your own.

Sounds like you have none of the above. By the time I was 25 I was making well over 20+/hour.

Sounds like your daddy is paying all the bills, paying for your gas, paying for your car, paying for your rent. No wonder your 28 year old sister doesn't want to go anywhere. If I had it all cush like that, I wouldn't be going anywhere either. Time to grow up. Get your shit together before you move out and make sure you can keep your job before you make any stupid (stupider?) decisions.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
25 and living at home isn't that bad.

IF you're going to school.

IF you're paying your own bills.

IF you have aspirations and an exit plan and strategy for living on your own.

Sounds like you have none of the above. By the time I was 25 I was making well over 20+/hour.

Sounds like your daddy is paying all the bills, paying for your gas, paying for your car, paying for your rent. No wonder your 28 year old sister doesn't want to go anywhere. If I had it all cush like that, I wouldn't be going anywhere either. Time to grow up. Get your shit together before you move out and make sure you can keep your job before you make any stupid (stupider?) decisions.
This is correct.
I'm 21 and still at home.
I pay all my own shit, help out with bills in this house, and give my parents slave labour when they need a carpenter/contractor. They don't mind so long as I have the plans in place to get a house. They lived with the futility of renting way too long, according to them.

Reactions: dveldt
1 - 20 of 29 Posts