Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to wiring up the dual headlight deal. I ended up tapping into the green wire near where it goes into the frame. I used one of those solderless connectors, and wrapped a wire tie around it so it doesn't open (never had a problem with it before, but better safe than sorry). I just need to wrap some electrical tape around it to hopefully seal it up to keep any water out and it should be good to go. If my soldering skills were better, I'd pull it apart and solder the two together, but I'm just not that good.

If anyone has any thoughts on a good way to seal it all up, it would be greatly appreciated.

I know, I know... :needpics
But I didn't take any seeing as how it's been done so many times.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
segue00 said:
Seal it with "liquid electrical tape". Home depot carries it, comes in your choice of color, too.
I've always wondered about that stuff. Guess I'll get to try it!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Regular household silicone works well too (not the latex paintable kind) and dries clear. Also Permatex gasket sealer dries like silicone (not fully hardened) and also comes in blue and black. Just a few mentions of things you may have around the house without a trip to Home Depot.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kenfz6 said:
Regular household silicone works well too (not the latex paintable kind) and dries clear. Also Permatex gasket sealer dries like silicone (not fully hardened) and also comes in blue and black. Just a few mentions of things you may have around the house without a trip to Home Depot.
I never even thought of that stuff. I have some in my tool box!

·
Registered
128 Posts
segue00 said:
Seal it with "liquid electrical tape". Home depot carries it, comes in your choice of color, too.
Hmm.. My worry with that stuff is I always end up redoing things, and electrical tape is easy enough to remove... I'm assuming that's not!

·
Sigh.......
291 Posts
Kenfz6 said:
Honey , i need to goto homedepot, i will be back in a few hours...... oh yeah, my wife is wise to this one.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sharkbait66 said:
Honey , i need to goto homedepot, i will be back in a few hours...... oh yeah, my wife is wise to this one.
No problems there for me. I don't have a wife. :banana

1 - 8 of 8 Posts