Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Had to sell my GSXR 750 K8 due to insurance price and needing a bit of spare cash, with the aim of getting something sensible.
Lasted all of a week! Bought a GSXR 600 K7. Looking forward to getting it on the road and doing some work to it. :)

ImageUploadedByMO Free1383759739.854723.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
905 Posts
Very nice looking bike. One of the reasons I ride Kawi's is insurance prices. For some reason in my area Kawi's cost about half as much to insure than the other three of the big four.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the MTC stainless steel oval race can. Sounds awesome.

I'm actually gonna be taking the white tape off, going for a black and some red color scheme. Red levers, fairing nuts and bolts red, red rearsets, etc. Probably leave the wheels black.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
CCS# 616
915 Posts
Nice bike, you may want to look into relocating the RR if it hasn't been done already. It's in a bad spot behind the radiator and tends to overheat.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
^Voltage regulator/rectifier. My RR gave up the ghost on my former '08 GSX-R600, thus shutting off the bike on the freeway @ 70 mph causing me to have to coast to the shoulder in the middle of rush hour.

DEFINITELY do a relocation for that.

Have fun and enjoy the bike! I still miss mine occasionally!

-Christian

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Nice ride and congrats.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Nice bike, enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Nice looking gixxer and I love your ideas on red on black. Always thought that is a killer color combo. Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
You'll love it. 600rr's are for riders. Literbikes are for Motorcycle Journalists and testosterone laden teenagers with adverse balls to brains ratios. The 750 is a good bike but it is sort of caught in the middle. Not big enough to keep up with the literbikes in a all out power war and not quite agile enough to lead a 600ss through the twisties. Great commuter bike almost. It just needs real bars and lower pegs. I had one but I had reached the age where clipons were killing me and high pegs caused serious cramps. Sold it to some young guy that wanted to upgrade from his 250 Kaw.:boink
I always thought that if Suzuki took the 750 and raised the bars, lowered the pegs, and cut the bottom half of the fairing off they could take a lOT of FZ-1 sales away from Yamaha. :dinorun

1 - 20 of 20 Posts