Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that dont know or remember, I contacted a High Concepts about their Shift shaft support possibly fitting our FZ6. They offered to pay for professional fitting and I would pay for the product if it did in fact fit our bike. Well It does fit, and boy does it make an immediate difference. I had it installed last friday but once I got back home I took my cage and went to San Diego for vacation(hence the late update), and I only got to try it on the 6 mile ride home. Today I took the bike to work and did more quick accelaration shifts and clutches shifts to see if I would notice it, the shifts become alot smoother and the clutchless shifts are awesome.

I extremely recommend this product if you race, especially if you plan on drag racing(which is a main reason I was interested in it). And even if you done race you should seriously consider this as an upgrade.
http://www.high-concept.com/
here are a few pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I've never seen this type of product before. What exactly does it do and how does it help with shifting? Does it just make the shift shaft more stable? Does it help with the 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 shift clunk?

Sorry I know thats a lot of questions. :)

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to say that it has become less of a clunk, still makes a sound but not as loud as before. Basically what it does is eliminate any flexing of the shift shaft. My wreck has left me with a bad right knee, and after standing all day when I get on the bike it really hurts and has seem to cause my "shifting strength" to decrease. So full throttle 2-3 shifts I would sometimes not beable to get it into 3rd, almost like it hit a "wall", but I havent noticed that since install.

·
Registered
676 Posts
XarsonX said:
Just out of curiosity. Why drag an FZ6?
My thoughts exactly! Unless it's bracket racing and you're going for consistency, but then again, why not do that on a 250 Ninja? Any 600 supersport is going to punish you.

·
Respect My Authority!
574 Posts
Is this only needed/available due to the rear set footpegs you have or will it work on stock as well?

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why drag a civic? I like to drag race and I happen to own an FZ6, it really gets old when everyone here always asks why race an FZ6. Because we like to race and thats WHAT WE HAVE!!!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
jcaesar:

The gear rod does go thru the engine. This mod basically adds a bracing bracket to prevent any lateral play in the gear rod, as the shift rod pushes sideways against it. It seems by the geometry, that the mod introduces a longer lever arm.

[edit: Oops. I misunderstood your comment. I see what you mean by the shift rod going outside of the frame (not engine).]

phxtravis:

Neat mod. While I see how it works in principle, I am surprised that it offer much effect. From what I gather, (if it does have a longer lever arm), the shifting will be easier but will also be slower (since the shift arm has to be kicked a bit further).
:eatpop

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong phxtravis, but the different shift lever routing is probably due to the aftermarket peg/shifter, not the bracing bracket. With the higher rearset, the shift lever doesn't match up anymore with the hole in the frame, so it gets routed outside.

·
Registered
8 Posts
phxtravis said:
why drag a civic? I like to drag race and I happen to own an FZ6, it really gets old when everyone here always asks why race an FZ6. Because we like to race and thats WHAT WE HAVE!!!
I was just wondering if there was a specific reason I was unaware of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts