Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been almost two years since the 636 was stolen and now it's time to get a new one. The biggest factor in getting the new bike is gas prices. It really sucks that it costs very near $100 to fill up my truck.

Anyone that wants to chime in on their experince with riding one, riding with one, or just looked at one (LOL) feel free to chime in.

My son absolutely loves the super duke and I like it myself. I'm going to go test ride one this weekend and if I like it, I'm more than likely going to buy it.

It's a 2007, used, Orange, with 300 miles, taller fly screen. $9700 + taxes. The payment and insurance is LESS than what I pay in gas for the truck every month.

Man I miss riding.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
I love the KTM, looks bad as hell.

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
Owning a motorcycle is never cost efficient, unless you have a dump truck as your daily driver, then you will save some money.

Any gas savings is negated by the fact that you will ride 200 miles for no reason. Unless you are just a motorcycle commuter.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good point, yes I will ride 200 miles for no reason LOL.

Yes, I do commute to work, it's only 5 miles everyday. I suppose I should have worded that differently. The better gas mileage is just one of the determining factors in getting a new bike to replace the old one, but I can justify riding everyday because of the better gas mileage.

I love to ride and here I can ride year round. It gets cold but rarely snows, and if it does the snow doesn't stick for more than a day or so. I usually don't go out if it's wet and the temp gets below 40 degrees. It's quite the opposite in the summer, man it gets hot here.

We have lots of twisties here, so the Katoom is going to be right at home on my "200 mile for no good reason" rides....:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts