Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after 4 years of being a bikeless member of this forum i will soon be the new proud owner of a 1990 gs500! The guy is supposed to deliver the bike sometime next week! i dont think i have ever in my entire life been so excited about something. ahhhhhhhhh :grinbounc :grinbounc i think im gonna be on a natural high for the next week lol. in case you care its got a brandnew paint job and new tires..battery...yoshimuro 2 in 1 pipe. its been jetted and tank has been coated hoooraaa!

ok ill stop now:p

·
Registered
522 Posts
sweet congrats on the new bike, take the MSF if you haven't taken it and get some good gear.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Taken your MSF course yet?

All you guys complaining about "people should be able to start out on a 600" take a look at this guy, he's probably one of the happiest guys on the planet now, and he's getting a great 500cc beginner bike. This is how it should be, you should be excited you have the means to ride a bike AT ALL. Alot of people who want to simply can't.

Congrats on the bike, enjoy the hell out of it, and ride safe, so you can ride again the next day!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup i took the msf class about a year ago.. and passed.. and bought my gear bout 2 months after the class.. i have an arai quantum-f helmet back when you could get them off the internet. i also have a JR jacket.. dont have boots or leggings yet, and of course i have gloves. i always promised myself i would get gear be4 bike ot make sure i would have the gear.

·
Registered
842 Posts
get some good boots, my buddy busted his leg a few weeks ago and i dunno if boots woulda helped but be safe man some little thing could screw you up if your not careful...

·
Registered
389 Posts
enjoy! remember.. you may get better and b***** bikes, but nothing will beat these first moments of riding, and you only get it once..

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
You'll need the gear, specially the helmet to cover that stupid ear to ear smile!!!

The first moments riding your own bike are pure magic, your own bike, you can go anywhere you want!

·
Registered
283 Posts
500dreams said:
Finally after 4 years of being a bikeless member of this forum i will soon be the new proud owner of a 1990 gs500! The guy is supposed to deliver the bike sometime next week! i dont think i have ever in my entire life been so excited about something. ahhhhhhhhh :grinbounc :grinbounc i think im gonna be on a natural high for the next week lol. in case you care its got a brandnew paint job and new tires..battery...yoshimuro 2 in 1 pipe. its been jetted and tank has been coated hoooraaa!

ok ill stop now:p
Congrats on the bike man. You probably live like 15 minutes away from me.. you can PM if you wanna ride sometime.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Man a 500. Why'd you start so big. The gs bikes were the top of the line sportbikes. Your gonna put yourself on your ass! Damn newbies

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually i probably do live really close to ya i live right down the road from Lake Braddock Highschool in a place called Kings Park

·
Registered
283 Posts
Heh cool. I live right across the street from that Walmart and Wendy's near Terra Center elementary school.. probably more like 10 minutes away from you. There's a whole bunch of riders around here.

If you haven't been there already, check out www.dcsportbikes.com

·
Registered
968 Posts
Congrats. Great way to start. There will be other bikes, but it's not the same as your first bike!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the bike, sounds like you are starting out right with the gear and the msf course. Be careful and have fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts