Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, sad to say, but the end has come. In a way it's a good thing. It was a tough season for me with minimal, if any, luck at all. Our last race day was Sunday, Oct 12th at Aztalan.

Azzie actually had an open practice on Saturday. Sierra and I went out to enjoy a nice groomed surface. It was awesome. With the heat gone, the track was so tacky. Some nice ruts formed too. By 1:00 we were shot. We probably put in 20 or so laps. At least that is how my body felt on Sunday.
I did manage to crash in the third session. I messed up the backside of a jump and lost my front in mud. I believe my left finger is sprained again. Oh well.

But here are some shots taken by Dave Hollub of Sierra and I on Saturday. I obviously had not crashed yet.

After seeing this picture, I told her since she is already in the air, she may as well stay on the gas! She usually tries to roll this one.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sunday brought some gorgeous weather. The track was amazing. I have never ridden it with so much traction before!
Moto 1. My starts seem to consistantly suck with this new bike. I don't know what my deal is. Near last off the gate but quickly caught up to mid pack. I was ready to pass our friend's daughter. She was having NO part of that. We battled for all four laps. I am not even kidding. I can't describe the whole race other than it was exhausting. I would get in front of her and start working on the next girl only to have her come back for more. It was the most awesome three way battle. We jumped side by side, were out braking eachother....even around the off camber sweeper our bars were inches apart. I was laughing the whole time. She'd get in front of me and I'd sneak through on an inside line or I'd square off and get by. But then she would retaliate. There is one section that has two doubles and then a huge plateau. Well I chopped the throttle on the second double and she walked past me like I was standing still. I was like, WTH!? :lol: Final lap we were side by side up that same plateau. I stayed on a little longer and squeaked in front. She came down behind me and tagged my rear fender. I felt bad, but good golly it was a grand race.
Moto 2 left me with no energy. Practice the day before combined with the hard fought 4 laps of moto 1 left me riding old and feeble! lol. Well there was no way I could keep the pace. So youth triumphed (13 years vs 36!). But I hope we have many more battles like that next season. This was the funnest race ever....
Some race pix (again, thanks to Dave Hollub!):
This is the finish line turn in Moto 2. I couldn't keep up with Allie, but was able to keep Brenda at bay the whole race. Even though it wasn't as intense as moto 1, it was fun to have someone to play with.

Here is Sierra in that same turn:

And Sierra clearing a double (at 5'4" she looks so tall on that 85!):

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ride the women's class-450s are illegal. Mine is a 250F.

·
Registered
955 Posts
So the other women, by choice, can ride a 250 two stroke? I see a fat pipe on that suzuki right behind you in the corner picture

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes.

This year the AMA rules are 250cc is 250cc. They even allowed 250 strokers into the lites class with 125's and 250F's.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
BB you guys look so good out there! :dblthumb

I was planning on my final race being the Red Bud grass race this weekend, but I've gone knocked my wrist around good. Three weeks ago I overjumped an 80' table by 20'. Poorly designed track combined with stupid mistake on my part... I've never been to a track where you hand to chop the throttle and scrub to keep from overjumping a super flat and unforgiving 80' tabletop. I can't even ride the streetbike during the best riding weather of they year. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts