Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into the store for a matter of four minute, came out and my bike was on its fuckin side..steering wheel still lock, kickstand still down, someone knocked that shit over..Damage control is pretty easy on this one, few lil scrapes on the bottom of the fairing (touched up with black paint now), mirror has a scrape (not big), frame slider took brunt of it thank god.. thats about it.. Just fuckin bothers me that in 4 minutes someone would fuckin do that and not even try to pick it up.. fuckin assholes.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yep...that sucks. Is there even the slightest possibility you didn't park it correctly and it fell over? Regardless...it still sucks. Glad it wasn't worse.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
yea man, it happens. someone knocked over my bike while it was in my friend's garage. and no one owned up to it. i remember the feeling i got in my stomach when i saw the crack in the front fairing. so i feel your pain. just don't let it bother you too much. otherwise, you'll spend all your time on your bike being pissed off.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heath3n said:
Yep...that sucks. Is there even the slightest possibility you didn't park it correctly and it fell over? Regardless...it still sucks. Glad it wasn't worse.
Nah, the kickstand was still down and the steering wheel was still locked. I make it a point to ease it down and make sure everything is on the up and up before i get off of it..

FizzerMeTimbers said:
yea man, it happens. someone knocked over my bike while it was in my friend's garage. and no one owned up to it. i remember the feeling i got in my stomach when i saw the crack in the front fairing. so i feel your pain. just don't let it bother you too much. otherwise, you'll spend all your time on your bike being pissed off.

I fixed most of it.. I guess this will give me an excuse to go get those blue bar ends..thank god for frame sliders..

I can't imagine it being cracked! I would have flippppppeeedd outt..

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Be careful if it is hot outside and you are parking on Asphalt.. The asphalt gets soft, and the kickstand will sink into it and tip over.. Happened to me in Phoenix. Put a crushed tin can under your kickstand to avoid this.. Not sure if this is what happened, but its a thought. (look for a hole in the Asphalt from your kickstand)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, i put a piece of wood under it in the driveway.. It was tipped over on the other side though, like someone pushed it, or got on it, lifted it up and went too far over..

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
njssli22 said:
yea, i put a piece of wood under it in the driveway.. It was tipped over on the other side though, like someone pushed it, or got on it, lifted it up and went too far over..
I swear, after the same thing happened to my wifes F4i a couple months ago (someone tried to sit on it, and dropped it onthe right side), I wanted to park it in a lot, and hide. Just to see who tries to sit on it, just so I could kick someones ass.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Thats why I always try to park my bike where I can see it right in front of a window or something. When Im at work its right in front of the window and at least 20 people a day walk by and put their finger prints all over the tank, rub it likes its a dime hoe, and you occassionally get someone bold enough to try and sit on it and before they can get the chance im out the door telling them in the nicest calmes way possible to get the fuck away. And my coworkers always ask me why In dont want anyone to touch it or sit on it and I ask are they gonna pay when they knock my shit over and break something. Or would they like it if I went and sat in their car and started touching shit. If anybody is gonna drop it...its gonna be me. Im thinking about gettin a sign like some of the dealerships. DO NOT TOUCH OR SIT ON THIS BIKE!!! :lol

·
Registered
426 Posts
Isn't there some type of alarm you can install where if someone trys to mess with your bike it goes off? I think it would be a nice idea to have:)

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
scorpio alarms. This just even more justifies my reasons for getting one later this month.

·
Fitshaced
1,888 Posts
I always park where I can see my bike. I don't even want to imagine the anger I would feel if I looked out the window to see someone trying to sit on my bike then tip it over. Just the thought makes me want to snap.

Either way sorry to hear man. At least the damage wasn't too bad.

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
It was probably a kid, and they did what all kids do when something bad happens - split the scene.

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
njssli22 said:
I went into the store for a matter of four minute, came out and my bike was on its fuckin side..steering wheel still lock, kickstand still down, someone knocked that shit over..Damage control is pretty easy on this one, few lil scrapes on the bottom of the fairing (touched up with black paint now), mirror has a scrape (not big), frame slider took brunt of it thank god.. thats about it.. Just fuckin bothers me that in 4 minutes someone would fuckin do that and not even try to pick it up.. fuckin assholes.
nah, think about the possible increased amount of damage if they HAD tried to pick it back up...

someone explain to me what it is exactly that makes people sit on strange bikes...i have noticed some people are rude enough to lean up on someone's car or worse, sit on the hood or trunk when it's not theirs, but if a guy tries to lean on my car I tell him to ease off, because i find it to be bad manners.

But a bike is only 2 wheels, no trunk, no door, no hood, so what is the excuse there? Sitting on a bike is like getting IN a strange car...that just seems off to me that people do that, and so much!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Know what you mean & a number of my bikes have been hit while parked to some dim-wit on it & then getting off to hook shoe on the bike & down it goes. No they do not stick around I can assure you.

Look at this in another way, in that the bike was not there for it was stolen!!!!!

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
That really sucks but like Smitty said,at least it was still there.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sorry to hear about what happened to the bike

1 - 20 of 30 Posts