Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, first off I'll say I really dont know what forum to put this into, so I just chose this one. Also, I would put this on stuntlife since they have a dedicated Fiddy forum, but it won't load :rolleyes

Okay anyways - I'm planning on picking up a brand new crf50 in the next couple of months, and I'm sure theres people on here who have them as "pit bikes" and just little toys and stuff, so I was wondering what all would I have to do to a brand new, bone stock fiddy so I could ride around on it? I've heard something about stiffer suspension I think it was, but that was a looong time ago so its a little hazy now. Anyways, the more specific you can be, the better it is for me :cheers
thanks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well me, my brother, cousin, firend, and my other friend all ride pitbikes down here in central Florida.Together we have a CRF50,XR50,2 XR70s, and a XR100.All of them pitbikes.Are you planning to get pretty serious about your bike and start racing it.If you really want it to be a monster I will tell you what you need.If you are going to be doing any kind of jumps you will definately need some heavy duty rear shock and fork springs.The next thing you will want would be a big bore kit.You will want to be able to hang with everyone else.You can go for an 88cc kit...that is the first step.I recommend the 108cc kit though...it costs quite a bit more bt it's definately worth it...if you plan on getting serious anyways.Now, let me tell you right now pitbike modding is nothing cheap...my friend has about 5 grand into his bike.After the big bore you will defiantely need a manual clutch and some exhaust that will work with the big bore kit.For a whole lot more information head on over to www.planetminis.com.That is about the best site to talk about pitbikes. :headbang

1 - 2 of 2 Posts