Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lovin' It
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my bike today and check light came on. Where time/mileage is displayed it said either F1 or FI. It is hard to tell the difference. So, I shut the bike off and started it again. The check light stayed off and F1/FI (whichever it is) did not display. It did this about a week and a half ago to, the exact same thing. I rode it all week and it did not display the check light again but, when it did it again today I figured I should find out what it is before I keep riding. I have an M4 slipon and pcIII. How can I straighten this out? Thanks for help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
it's probably the exhaust valve. i can post up directions in how to fix it. If you want to find out what code it is. I know suzuki send out a letter to dealers telling them that customers would prob complain about the fi light on there gsxrs and that most of them if not all were going to be the exhaust valve cables needing adjustment. Call your dealership and tell them about it. They should do it for free.

·
Lovin' It
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only problem with that is I have a 5 yr. warranty and I have mods. on the bike. I don't want them to void my warranty because of performance mods. when I go in there. If you don't mind posting up the directions I would be very grateful. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
thats really stupid for your dealership to void the warranty because of mods. I have never ever voided any ones warranty because of mods or because of any reason or i don't know a dealer that has ever done that. I will post up the directions around 8 or 9 pm pacific time.

·
Lovin' It
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know for a fact if they would. But the guy told me one time that if it is at all possible that the mods. could have created the malfunction then the warranty would be voided. They might not void it but I don't want to take my chances.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
You know there's a lengthy thread in here about it already, right? If you'd like to add to it, be my guest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts