Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with the guy I'm most likely getting my new bike from and there were a few things that I didn't understand. It's an 03 zx6r.

He has a powercommander with it but it isn't hooked up because he said it has the wrong map. How easy is that to remedy?

He also said that the chain has a click when the master link goes over the rear sprocket. Its got about 8k on it. Is this something really bad?

He said that it has been in and out of the garage for a year is this bad? Could it have something to do with the chain clicking?

He also said that he had to have the choke cable replaced, again is this somethign to worry about?

·
Registered
488 Posts
how much do you plan to pay for this bike? Unless its very cheap, I would just assume keep looking..

·
Registered
488 Posts
Not worth it to me man, before I decided to buy new, I was gonna buy a '04 Ninja 636 for 6,000 with a jacket, helmet and gloves. 6k miles, perfect working condition.. I rode it and it was beautiful.. I would keep lookin..

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
If it has been in and out of the shop I would look elsewhere and thank him for being honest.

·
Registered
488 Posts
my bad dude, didnt mean to go off topic..

The powercommander I'm not too sure about.

The chain, might want to replace the chain and sprocket, thats a few hundred depending on how you go.

The choke cable is a pain in the ass in my experience, not sure how much they would charge you for it.. In and out of the garage isnt a good sign either.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
The PCIII is an easy fix so long as the guy still has the software that came with it.You can go to the Dyno Jet site and download new maps for free.At this point and time you won't need a custom map,more than likly you won't want to hook up the PCIII for a little while anyway.With the proper map and a good exhaust that thing will come alive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts