Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What fender eliminator kits have you guys used, especially all of you with 03-05's? How do these work with the turn signals, do you have to get aftermarket turns or do you integrate them into the taillights? Let me know cause i'm tired of looking at that piece of crap on the rear of my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Just remove it and buy the clear alternatives integrated taillight.

Mine's the 01 version, but it's the same concept. I removed the fender, at the time integrated my taillight myself, and made a little bracket out of aluminum to hold the plate that used the bracket that previously held the fender on. Later, I replaced the taillight with the CA one and I'm very happy with it.

03-05 R6 CA Taillight
You can usually find them cheaper on EBAY.

hope that helps...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
fender eliminator

just get a hotbodys eliminator it will take care of everything and the turnsignals. very easy to install and looks great let me know if you need anything else

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RhythmsDJs said:
Just remove it and buy the clear alternatives integrated taillight.

Mine's the 01 version, but it's the same concept. I removed the fender, at the time integrated my taillight myself, and made a little bracket out of aluminum to hold the plate that used the bracket that previously held the fender on. Later, I replaced the taillight with the CA one and I'm very happy with it.

03-05 R6 CA Taillight
You can usually find them cheaper on EBAY.

hope that helps...
Yea i was looking at that taillight on ebay(its like $85), it looks real good. How about some good flushmounts for the front?
Thanks for the help all

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here is a good cheap Home Depot eliminator that works great. Picked this up off another site but great idea.

Take off the existing rear fender. There are 4 bolts under the rear seat and the allen key in the tool kit fits. Simply unscrew them and the stock fender, let it hang from the wires.

Take off the stock undertail. Take a small allen key and push the center of the black plastic pop rivets. The pop rivets will fall right out after doing this. This will allow you to drop the undertail and reach in behind the brake light and unplug the turn signals and license plate lights by the quick connects so you don’t have to cut them. (be sure to mark them L and R) Simply cut them if you are using aftermarket turn signals.

Purchase a “4x adjustable post cap” from Simpson Strong Tie. Can be found at Lowes or Home Depot in the deck/fence department. Model# is AC4Z. It’s pretty heavy duty and is made of galvanized steel. Here’s what it looks like (this is a picture of 2, just get 1 and bend right where it reads SIMPSON towards the back with your hands)

Drill the 2 holes to mount the license plate by holding up your plate and marking the holes. Drill the 4 holes to mount the eliminator to the undertail by holding up the stock plate you took off after removing the 4 bolts under the seat. Drill a center hole for wires. Trace the holes for the turn signals around the actual turn signals themselves. I used a hand jigsaw with a metal blade to cut them but a dremmel with a metal bit might work.

Purchase some white LED license frame bolt lights from Autozone. They replace your stock license plate bolts and have small lights on them. Keeps you legal with the po-po by having your license plate illuminated while at the same time eliminates the big light.

Mount the license plate, mount the turn signals, and run the wires through the hole in the undertail. Connect the wires including the license plate bolt lights. Put the pop rivets back in the undertail and press down from the top (inside the trunk) to make them fasten. Purchase some nuts for the 4 bolts coming from under the seat and fasten it on. Should work fine! Hope this helped and enjoy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts