Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Mine looks about like that too but a bit more jagged. Yours is nice and smooth. I am thinking of taking it off to smooth it out but also I might sand it and paint it to match the bike. It might not look as clean as an undertail kit but it retains the trunk size and its cheap since I own my own paint gun.

·
5,547 Posts
I have a stock chain guard I will sell you, before you get your pants stuck in the chain and get seriously injured.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I guess that's one way of doing this mod on the low low. BTW how are the turn signals mounted, and how are they holding up now?
They are just bolted on, like everything else on the bike , I drilled into the fender to mount. I made sure i did not mount them too close to the license plate so they would not reflect off the plate when they are flashing. Just a personal preference of mine. They are holding up pretty good, No rust on the metal. When i installed them i first made a mechanical connection with cut stock connector, Crimped together. I had shrink wrap already in place, I soldered the mechanical connections and then sealed it with shrink wrap. I cut the stock connectors off the stock signals and used them on the aftermarket ones, So i did not have to cut into my wire harness at all and i can easily replace them with other signals if needed using the same method.

I suggest using this method to avoid any electrical problems in the future.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Old post i know, Just wanted to add some info, I'm not very good about documenting stuff, I should of took more pictures ahaha.

Anyway I used an air grinder bit to cut the fender off when it was detached from the bike. I did not have to do any sanding, once the bit gets hot you can use it to make a real smooth finishing cut. Marking your cuts before hand will help avoid mistakes and you should wear a mask to avoid breathing any fumes from melted plastic.

Overall i am still extremely happy with the result and was able to retain the storage compartment entirely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts