Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
paying some bills this weekend i rode with my helmet strapped to the side of my Gixxer & kinda felt squidy but felt good with no helmet. The weather was awesome, partly cloudy so i couldnt help it.. anyone ever get the urge! :devil

·
Registered
422 Posts
i did that few times, i love the feel of the wind in my hair, but i would not do that again, today i was about to get hit ten feet away from my house :mad: ?? it is not safe out there,

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I have to in MD but drove to PA and saw a guy with no helmet which reminded me that there was no law there. Me and my buddy pulled over and took them off and rode down a little main street at about 25 mph for 3 or 4 miles. We both looked at each other and pulled over and put them back on. I didn't feel safe at all. I'm glad they make me wear it in MD. I wouldn't want to get use to it. I find myself not wearing my jacket on real hot days every now and then but at least I always have a helmet on.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I've done it, I think everyone has done it. If they say they haven't, well more then likely, they're full of snot.

It does feel good with the wind in your hair, for those of us that have it, but also, it felt kinna creepy. Everything seemed to be magnifyed x100, and the noise from traffic was even more magnifyed. The funny thing is, I only went about 3/4 of a mile to get some food. I haven't done it since. Nor will I ever.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
I've done it. I also like the wind (under 35 mph) in the hair. Don't like it (wind) over 35 in my eyes, all watered up, squinting, can't see, even with shades or what not. Can't go under 35 for long or bike overheats.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i was on cruis mode @ about 45 mph... feels good

·
Registered
646 Posts
Never done it...Have only ridden in NJ and NY so I've never had the opportunity to even try. Dunno if i could though. i dont even think about going out with shorts on, let alone without a helmet. why?

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I've tried to, but it simply doesn't feel right.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
ive done it I ware it now but there were times when I didnt. The only time I didnt like not wearing it was on the freeway over 70mph. Way to loud,my eyes watered.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I tried it once going up and down my street. I hated it so much. I felt naked and completely unsafe. I dont even like riding without boots/gloves...

·
Registered
308 Posts
I rode from the south paddock area to the north paddock area at VIR in shorts and a t-shirt. Felt pretty weird.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Other than the safety reason of wearing a helmet, I wear one because I just couldn't take the bugs smashing into my face. I have taken mine off a few times but that is few and far between and I only go a short distance. I haven't rode without it in probably about 6 months now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have tried it. Didn't like the feeling. Plus my contacts were all dried up and just the thought of the big bugs hitting me....*SPLAT*.....gross.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've done it a few times. There's a restaurant where I eat lunch fairly frequently with a gas station about 50 yards down the road. Sometimes when I need to get fuel on the way back to work after lunch, I'll wait 'till after I'm done at the gas station to gear up and only goof with helmet and gloves once rather than twice.

Also, if I think I hear a funny noise from my engine/suspension/chain/whatever, I'll take my helmet off and zip around the block a few times to listen to the bike without the helmet in the way.

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
japbike said:
I've done it, I think everyone has done it. If they say they haven't, well more then likely, they're full of snot.

never have, never will

i wont even do it in a parking lot...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I rode to the gym last week, tank top, shorts, helmet. Figured I'd be fine cause I would just take it easy, so I take it easy leave the gym decide to get food, get front wheel jerked almost out of my hands by huge unnoticed pot hole setts off a nice tank slapper. I remember thinking I am gonna be a wreck if this bike goes down, Imean like no skin. Bike calmed down nothing happened. I won't do that again.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I use to ride without a helmet all the time when I first got my motorcycle license. I'm glad to say that I have become smarter with age and I always wear it now.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
I get the urge to ride without my jacket, but never my helmet.

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
i never rode without my helmet, no jacket sometimes but never no helmet. one of the more annoying things, not to mention the danger of not wearing a helmet was that my eyes would water if i was going faster than 40 or so

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
All it takes is one time...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts