Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I got a text from a riding buddy asking if I wanted to join him and his friends for a short group ride and to hang out at a local star bucks. I was able to get off work early and have not ridden in weeks so I gladly said yes. Bike ride started a little later like than a I wanted to because it was already dark at 6pm! and it was chilly. There was around seven of us in the group and I rode in the middle portion while my riding buddy stayed second to the front. In the stop light I noticed my buddy and the guy in the very front looking back. I looked and noticed the two guys in the end talking to a guy in a lifted truck next to them. I turned down my MP3 player and realized they were arguing. It came to the point where one of the guys actually punched the side of the truck. People were staring and me and the guys in the front didnt know what was going on. Thankfully the guy in the truck was making a left turn and our light turned green. We pulled up in a Target parking lot to see what happened and as it turns out the guy in the truck was tail gating and almost hit them. The rider said that he was tailgating so close that if he reached back, he would have touched the hood. Both riders claimed they looked back and waved the guy to back off, but all he did was follow closer. The guy in the truck also told the riders to watch their back. Sort of grateful I was in the middle. Was actually thinking of staying in the rear to video the ride. Kind of sucks how one person can mess up everyones day. Oh well. Just wanted to share.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
This story became full of win when the destination was Starbuck's.

In PA it's illegal to listen to music via headphones or Bluetooth while operating a vehicle.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It is not illegal here to ride with headphones but still dangerous. I stll do it though.

Sucks some asoles tried to run you guys over. Alas lad the world is full of such undesirables. Oh well, at least if you live in Colo you wont worry about them as much cause you will be hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
It is not illegal here to ride with headphones but still dangerous. I stll do it though.

Sucks some asoles tried to run you guys over. Alas lad the world is full of such undesirables. Oh well, at least if you live in Colo you wont worry about them as much cause you will be hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Hi? Really? :spit

By the way he lives in California, not Colorado. And it's illegal to wear headphones while operating a vehicle in California. Its still legal in New Mexico, but at least you recognize it's not smart.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Hi? Really? :spit

By the way he lives in California, not Colorado. And it's illegal to wear headphones while operating a vehicle in California. Its still legal in New Mexico, but at least you recognize it's not smart.
I believe it's actually legal to have 1 earplug in, just not two. The only time I've ridden with plugs is when I rode to Vegas, and even then I didn't put them in until the final stretch because there just isn't shit out that way for 100 miles.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
I believe it's actually legal to have 1 earplug in, just not two. The only time I've ridden with plugs is when I rode to Vegas, and even then I didn't put them in until the final stretch because there just isn't shit out that way for 100 miles.
It might be. I don't have the California Vehicle Code in front of me. The out of state summary book said its illegal in the following states and the land of oppression was on the list.

Reactions: scythe08

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
I'll back up Danny, in CA one earplug is legal. I still think it's bullshit. It's perfectly legal to drive a car blasting the stereo til you cant hear anything, but it's illegal to ride with headphones at any volume. It's a BS law that I have absolutely no problem breaking on every ride over 10min. Not like they can tell whats under my helmet anyways.

As for this story......yeah, whatever.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Glad nobody was hurt! I used to get tailed by those jacked up diesel pickups all the time. I never speed in the city(unless it's my favorite section of onramps!) and for some reason I seem to attract them like flies. They usually back off when I take my Camera out of my tank bag and start taking pictures

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here in Cali most of the Jack Butts ride trucks. The guy driving the truck was a typical everyday A hole. Lifted, Shiny Rims, Raiders hat, and your typical Cali Cholo. I think the reason why he was aggravated was because we were lane splitting a couple of times. I have experience drivers cut me off on person because I lane split to the front. I think its time to buy a helmet cam and start recording these *****.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not sure about the head phone guys, but I honestly do listen to music while riding. My MP3 Player is has velcro I put in the tank of my bike. Police have seen it and has not told me anything. I dont really think they care because I once saw a police officer talking on the phone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts