Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I just got a kawi 250. Love it to death, but the feiring is a different color than the rest of the bike. I got the matching paint and I tried to take my feiring off last night but one of the screw thingies that holds it on is stripped. I got as far as that last screw to take out and someone called to go out on bikes. So I tried to get everything back together but now I can't. The left side won't match up. I'm getting really frustrated and had my buddy pal over today to try and help me but not even he can do it. WTF did I do and how do I fix it???? :a2 :mad:

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
what kind of screw is it? Is it a quarter turn cam screw? Or is it like a regular threaded type?

·
UH OH
415 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 01 250's are the threaded type. I had a screw get stripped before, mine was a hex/allen type so I just took a dremel and sawed down the middle, now it's a flathead. As for the puttin it back together, how isn't matching up [exactly]?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^^^ please put in lame-mans terms cuz I'm clueless when it comes to all this. But yes getsome, its the allen type. I dont know what a dremel is and how is making it a flat head gonna help me get it out?? None of the left sides holes are matching so that I can get the allen type of screws back into them. And since I can't get any of that back together I also can't get my mirror on...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My buddy pal and I worked on it from the time I got my hung over ass outta bed and drove the 20 minutes to get him, and got back to my house, til an hour before i had to go to work today (total of about 5 hours) and still can't get it right...

·
UH OH
415 Posts
You should have someone around you, maybe a neighbor, with a dremel if you don't you could buy one, it is a handy tool. Basically you can have a saw that is 3/4" and it is circular, which with that you can saw the middle of it leaving a slot on the head of the screw and means you can take it out with a flat head screwdriver. Some would tell you to get another screw, but I still have mine in and that was 4 months ago, and I strip my bike almost once a week.

And with the whole problem of it not lining up, you really have to be more specific, cause it could be a couple of things. Maybe a pic of it off, and one of it not lining up, or you could take it to a dealer, or someone you know that is pretty knowlegeable of bikes. I could help you with a pic, but it would probably be faster if you had someone local help.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, we got it to match up, and it turns out somewhere in this house there is a dremmel tool. So later this week, preferably one of the days that it rains, I'll get my Dad to use the dremmel on it, get the feiring off and paint it finally. As for now, everything is back on it so it is driveable again lol. Thanks for the help, I have no clue what I did but we think I may have stretched the plastic out slightly. How long does paint take to dry anyways?? Hmm something I shoulda asked the guy I bought the paint from... Oh well! I'll get it all done and worked on sometime soon hopefully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts