Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been nice for the past week here(VA)! Not like hot but perfect; under 100% humidity(1st time ever!) it's 85ish and I'm looking for a jacket!! Bike needs intake tubes so it's just chillin'! Waiting for parts suxs! I need a huge! :eek:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I don't know about the FZR1000 but I know on the FZR600, the tubes are not intake tubes. They don't go into the airbox. They are ram air tubes to cool the frame and they can be removed without harming the bike.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
85 damn your luck.. south tx we got 103 yesterday.. you could've cooked an egg on my gas tank for gots sake

·
Registered
549 Posts
linuxbikr said:
I don't know about the FZR1000 but I know on the FZR600, the tubes are not intake tubes. They don't go into the airbox. They are ram air tubes to cool the frame and they can be removed without harming the bike.
Cool the frame? Really? I'm pretty new to the whole sportbike thing, so forgive my ignorance. Does cooling the frame make that much of a difference? Is it a frame rigidity thing? If so, do frames really get hot enough to imact rigidity? Never heard of that.

·
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I'm talking about the Intake manifold tubes; under the carbs going directly to the head! All are cracked, I'm just chillin' waiting for them to come in! And GIXXER I like hot so I need to come done there, it's just been raining everyday this year here! It stops...and my bike is inop! :angry

·
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What your referring to is supposed to be ram air(but snorkel on air box is facing the wrong way)!

·
Registered
197 Posts
linuxbikr said:
They are ram air tubes to cool the frame and they can be removed without harming the bike.
Actually they blow cool air around the airbox so the intake air temp is lowered. Cool air is more dense = more oxygen = better burn. Kind of like cold air induction in cars.

·
Registered
274 Posts
fzr1rider said:
No I'm talking about the Intake manifold tubes; under the carbs going directly to the head! All are cracked, I'm just chillin' waiting for them to come in! And GIXXER I like hot so I need to come done there, it's just been raining everyday this year here! It stops...and my bike is inop! :angry
Sorry to hear about your bike... You are righ tthe weather here has been great I am in Newport News and you couldn't ask for any better weather. Maybee after your bike is fixed we can hook up to ride... Richmond is pretty close to hear.

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
This is a little late for your situation but I've heard that you can put a layer (coating) of silicone (gasket maker) on the those and it will seal them up.

Not ideal but it could get you riding while you wait for parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts