Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see any rule saying I couldn't post a feeler...so please forgive me if I'm not supposed to. Anyway, I've putting together a group buy for a remap tool that will alter the fuel curves on fuel injected Suzukis made prior to 2002. It's a very simple device, similar to the Yoshimura YAFMS, but with finer adjustabillity.

These will be built professionally, on a PCB, and weatherproofed. It will not need to remain hardwired to the bike. It can be used to tune multiple bikes, and to zero them back to stock. The biggest benefit: it's cheap. The more people I get involved, the cheaper it will be.

The device will be small, too...about 3~4" square and about 1" thick. Controls will be simple, and instructions simple as well. Would like to add, though, that my device will be much more adjustable. Tuning can be as simple as main-stream devices, or you will have the option of fine tuning certain areas.

My device will have 6 positions on the throttle to adjust starting from 25% throttle ranging in even increments of 8.33% to 75% throttle.

Injector duty cycle will have 11 positions to select from ranging in increments of 1 from -5 (think "-10") to +5 (think "+10").

Other controls will remain pretty standard issue.

Right now I need to get an idea of how many people will want to be involved so that I can pre-arrange a certain number built to keep the price fixed. So far, I have 5 people I can trust interested in purchasing. Prices will look similar to:

5 - 10: $85
11-15: $80
16-25: $75
25 up: $70

Prices are subject to change, but a 10% hike is the maximum. Hopefully I will be able to get the prices as low as possible, but to do that I need to sell a lot. The realistic goal is to get 25 commitments, I'm crossing my fingers hoping for 50. We can produce 100 with no problem.

The circuit has been tested in crude form and is working. A demo device is being designed and constructed now, I should have it by the end of the month for pictures and such. I'm hoping that we will be able to start the group buy by Labor Day.

Thanks in advance!
Duncan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could you ship out to the uk? And if so what would be the cost I have just bought a 99 gixxer 750 would it work on that?

Makenzie70 said:
I didn't see any rule saying I couldn't post a feeler...so please forgive me if I'm not supposed to. Anyway, I've putting together a group buy for a remap tool that will alter the fuel curves on fuel injected Suzukis made prior to 2002. It's a very simple device, similar to the Yoshimura YAFMS, but with finer adjustabillity.

These will be built professionally, on a PCB, and weatherproofed. It will not need to remain hardwired to the bike. It can be used to tune multiple bikes, and to zero them back to stock. The biggest benefit: it's cheap. The more people I get involved, the cheaper it will be.

The device will be small, too...about 3~4" square and about 1" thick. Controls will be simple, and instructions simple as well. Would like to add, though, that my device will be much more adjustable. Tuning can be as simple as main-stream devices, or you will have the option of fine tuning certain areas.

My device will have 6 positions on the throttle to adjust starting from 25% throttle ranging in even increments of 8.33% to 75% throttle.

Injector duty cycle will have 11 positions to select from ranging in increments of 1 from -5 (think "-10") to +5 (think "+10").

Other controls will remain pretty standard issue.

Right now I need to get an idea of how many people will want to be involved so that I can pre-arrange a certain number built to keep the price fixed. So far, I have 5 people I can trust interested in purchasing. Prices will look similar to:

5 - 10: $85
11-15: $80
16-25: $75
25 up: $70

Prices are subject to change, but a 10% hike is the maximum. Hopefully I will be able to get the prices as low as possible, but to do that I need to sell a lot. The realistic goal is to get 25 commitments, I'm crossing my fingers hoping for 50. We can produce 100 with no problem.

The circuit has been tested in crude form and is working. A demo device is being designed and constructed now, I should have it by the end of the month for pictures and such. I'm hoping that we will be able to start the group buy by Labor Day.

Thanks in advance!
Duncan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can ship to the UK but I'm not sure of the costs involved. I can't see it being too excessive. I'll look into shipping costs shortly.

If I'm not mistaken, the '99 GSXR750 is fuel injected. If so, then it will work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts