Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plastic cover which covers the.. well, plastic exhaust cover, and seperates the two "cans" to make it appear like it's two pieces (the longer I look at it, the more I'm starting to dislike it quite a lot).

After you install the FE Kit, the bottom of this piece is now loose and it keeps poking out further from the exhaust which makes it even more obvious that the exhaust is some cheap plastic. Are you guys doing anything to fix it?

I guess I should just swallow my pride and install some scorpions or something. :pisson

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Binary Jay said:
The plastic cover which covers the.. well, plastic exhaust cover, and seperates the two "cans" to make it appear like it's two pieces (the longer I look at it, the more I'm starting to dislike it quite a lot).

After you install the FE Kit, the bottom of this piece is now loose and it keeps poking out further from the exhaust which makes it even more obvious that the exhaust is some cheap plastic. Are you guys doing anything to fix it?

I guess I should just swallow my pride and install some scorpions or something. :pisson
I just used a small, black zip tie to hold it in place. Can't even see it unless you get your nose right in there.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Heavy FZ6 said:
I just used a small, black zip tie to hold it in place. Can't even see it unless you get your nose right in there.
Thats the same thing I did. Get the zip tie on tight and cut off the slack, you'll eventually forget it's even there and nobody will see it if you use the really small zip ties.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Burnspot said:
+1 on the zip tie; that's what I did and you can barely notice it.
Yeah +2 or is it +3 by now, Im so slow..... :lao

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I dont think anyone has said to use a zip tie to hold it down yet. I read that in the instructions. You should read instuctions more carefully jay!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought I zip tied everything! I'll zip tie YOU!

·
Registered
803 Posts
So have you tried a zip tie.....that might work.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried it and it didn't work, so there.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Leave the guy some slack. You guys are starting to get brutal to Jay.:lao

So, Jay, did you figure out how to rightly put in the zip tie onto the piece which you were supposed to put the zip tie in in the first place?:bitchslap

·
Registered
145 Posts
+ 18 on the zip tie.... but I drilled a hole in the bottom of the plastic piece and went through the old fender screw hole in the mounting bracket. It moves the tie under the mount so it's even less noticable. You can actually pull it a little tighter at that point...not too much to stress the plastic though.

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
I don' know why all of you guys are overlooking the obvious answer. Just use a zip tie.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
(waiting for a response from Toronto)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Well, I didn't think he wanted to go with the more traditional baling wire and duct tape!

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
Has anyone tried bubble gum?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts