Sport Bikes banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
TOPGUN$%^: said:
Hey man it's not a big deal I'm sure if you talk to the guys at the stealership you bought off, they will let you return it. :eek:nfloor
35 years old and your getting upset because some is talking shit about your bike, you must not have been riding for very long. Get over it and grow up.
Nope, I just don't like morons.

Besides, I wouldn't even use your bike to store my used oil. There are more flattering storage cans.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Fargin_Bastige said:
Nope, I just don't like morons.

Besides, I wouldn't even use your bike to store my used oil. There are more flattering storage cans.
Sure I'll take your old oil, I'm sure it hasn't even been used yet. I'm guessing that your one of these guys who has to buy new toys just to look cool or something. I see people like you all day, the ones who sit in a coffee shop and talk about how good your bike is, but never ride it. Anyways are you finished crying, because we should get back to the original topic. Your starting to sound like my little sister.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sure I'll take your old oil, I'm sure it hasn't even been used yet. I'm guessing that your one of these guys who has to buy new toys just to look cool or something. I see people like you all day, the ones who sit in a coffee shop and talk about how good your bike is, but never ride it. Anyways are you finished crying, because we should get back to the original topic. Your starting to sound like my little sister.
Its easy to talk trash to people when you dont have to see them huh.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Shit, I think I am going to get a perscription for all of SBN for some Valium or lithium :eek:nfloor

·
20,852 Posts

Actually FB is a racer, regular rider and a pretty stand up guy.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts

FIRST of all- FB has been riding almost as long as i've been alive, and racing for a lot of that time.

SECOND- he's already owned more bikes than you'll probably own in a lifetime

THIRD- he's a staff member

FOURTH- don't get into a fight with him- because he like to pull hair. It can get ugly. :)

But seriously- there's no reason to get upset about this.... don't be mad because the British bike is better than the Japanese ones right now....

·
Registered
592 Posts
kevinwilly said:
FIRST of all- FB has been riding almost as long as i've been alive, and racing for a lot of that time.

SECOND- he's already owned more bikes than you'll probably own in a lifetime

THIRD- he's a staff member

FOURTH- don't get into a fight with him- because he like to pull hair. It can get ugly. :)

But seriously- there's no reason to get upset about this.... don't be mad because the British bike is better than the Japanese ones right now....
Alright I think that we have got all our points across. I guess I should have bought a British bike. :bowdown

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
I guess I should have bought a British bike. :bowdown
lol- not at all!!

i was just poking fun. I have nothing against the japanese bikes. Well- not all of them. I hate the looks of the new R6's...

But i was actually looking to buy a gsxr 600 or 750 for QUITE a while. Then the 675 came out, and i lost interest. But i have a brand loyalty to Triumph, so there you go. But honestly- if i'm buying a 600 class bike, it would mean that i was going to take it to the track. And if i wanted to take it to the track, i'd get something with a slipper clutch, more than likely.

So i'm really torn on what i would buy. I like the ZX-6RR the best, actually. The GSXR comes in a very close second, but i'd have to get an 06 for the clutch, which is the only reason it's in second- because it costs more.

The 675 i would get if i only had one bike, though... because it's got enough low end for me on the street. Or so i think. I haven't ridden one yet, despite the best efforts of the Triumph dealership to put my butt in the seat. I'm afraid i'd get obsessed with it and buy one.... and i don't want to spend money right now.

So yeah- anyways- the GSXR is a really good bike. They all are. And next year something will probably top the 675, because that's just how it goes. Buying the best bike in the world simply BECAUSE it's the best is totally retarded.... because in less than a year, it won't be the best anymore.

Moral of the story: buy the bike that gives you the biggest hard-on. :D

·
20,852 Posts
I have a GSXR and a Brit bike and love'em both.....what's the point?

·
Mt Vesuvius
1,360 Posts
they are just like computers...top notch=top dollar today...tomorrow its half price and middle of the road...

also...the fastest 600cc

seeing those numbers should prove that the rider is more important than most other things...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Warning: math geekery ahead. And yes, I realize this is all theoretical BS.

Here's an interesting question for the math geeks out there. Is there a way to calculate a theoretical ranking based on given specs? Fer example, suppose you calculate the area under the curve for all the dyno runs; this would not only include the peak HP number but account for power in the lower RPM ranges. An example would be something like this at the bottom:

All HP numbers would be RWHP to factor out gearing differences (although obviously the lower-geared bike would reach a given speed quicker, but maybe redline limited). The max of the Y scale on the chart would be something like the highest HP number +10% (that part is largely arbitrary) and weight more heavily the HP numbers under the curve between the higest and lowest peak HP numbers. The X scale would maybe be the highest RPM peak HP number. Express the results in a power/weight ratio (peak wet weight).

The problems I see with the approach are:

Difficult to normalize results due to differences in what RPM the peak HP is measured
No allowance for aerodynamics
Tourque values are not considered

Again, this is nothing more than a mental exercise... discuss. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
if we knew their coefficient of drag....

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
lol.... integrals...

i haven't done integrals in like... a month and a half.

You COULD do a whole mathematical analysis, if you wanted. I did a project for one of my classes where i calculated acceleration of a car based on input from a dyno graph and the gearing of a car.

The problem is that drivetrain losses, wind resistance, traction, ram air effect, and several other factors cannot be accounted for, unless gathered experimentally. In which case, it's better to just run the machine down the track...

So if you ONLY had an engine and chassis and you wanted to know what it may be capable of in a ballpark sense, it works great. The problem is that you can only get within about 10% at best. (depending on how in-depth you go, and then you're talking SERIOUS math. I used a runge-kutta 4 approximation for my analysis).

So as close as everything here is? Nah- you'd NEVER be able to tell the difference.

:)

·
20,852 Posts
I believe one magazine did a test one time. A 600 vs. a liter and the liter only won on the track by less than a second. When I raced 250s I got my ass owned by a super pro on a 80cc bike

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Yeah, you got me pegged.

As a matter of fact, if you had brain one in your moronic skull, you would look on the front of the website and notice, what we who actually ride, call a Track test. It is of a Daytona 675, written by ME.

Of course, they don't have a Starbucks at Road America. You know, a race track. How many have you been to? Please tell me about a real rider?

Oh, and how many times were you invited to ride the Ducati Desmosedici? Officer can testify that I have been invited. They just arbitrarily throw those out to people who sit in coffee shops and don't ride bikes, ya know.

For the record, I run Motul racing oil. I'm sure a case of that could get me an 03 GSXR.

·
Mt Vesuvius
1,360 Posts
Fargin_Bastige said:
Yeah, you got me pegged.

As a matter of fact, if you had brain one in your moronic skull, you would look on the front of the website and notice, what we who actually ride, call a Track test. It is of a Daytona 675, written by ME.

Of course, they don't have a Starbucks at Road America. You know, a race track. How many have you been too? Please tell me about a real rider?

Oh, and how many times were you invited to ride the Ducati Desmosedici? Officer can testify that I have been invited. They just arbitrarily throw those out to people who sit in coffee shops and don't ride bikes, ya know.

I will say you have taught me a valuable lesson. I read somewhere that the median I.Q. in the U.S. is 100. Meaning half of the population has double digit I.Q.s. I thought this was BS, but now, I have faith the in the press to report the truth again. Thanks for showing me the light. I'm sure if you push, you'll hit the 70s some day. Keep up the good work and remember, you are specially abled.

For the record, I run Motul racing oil. I'm sure a case of that could get me an 03 GSXR.
maybe thats why he has never been invited...:Dj/k...

with your oil...is there a magic number that you change it at or do you watch the site glass and change based on color change...

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
CBRWildChild said:
maybe thats why he has never been invited...:Dj/k...

with your oil...is there a magic number that you change it at or do you watch the site glass and change based on color change...
The oil I run is Green, so not much color change. It does freak people out who haven't seen it. They think I put anti-freeze in the cases.

I usually go 2K-3k for street riding and much less on a track bike. The track bike changes are mostly for inspections, in other words to see if metal is coming out in the oil. I run heavy oil for break ins and 0 weight on the track.

Basically, if you're street riding, treat it like a car. Your owner's manual will give you the right frequency.

·
Mt Vesuvius
1,360 Posts
Fargin_Bastige said:
The oil I run is Green, so not much color change. It does freak people out who haven't seen it. They think I put anti-freeze in the cases.

I usually go 2K-3k for street riding and much less on a track bike. The track bike changes are mostly for inspections, in other words to see if metal is coming out in the oil. I run heavy oil for break ins and 0 weight on the track.

Basically, if you're street riding, treat it like a car. Your owner's manual will give you the right frequency.
0...wow...makes sense though...on a wet sump setup...its easier to "cut" through thinner oil...

i usually take the mobile 1 to about 900 to maybe 1500 miles before i change it...it usually starts to change at that point...but quite a bit is redline or close riding...i only ride for fun these days...meet up and hit the twisties...and i have to try and keep up with a busa...

61 - 80 of 99 Posts