Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all whats up?
ive been wondering for sometime now what is the fastest stock 600cc sportbike?

thank you, clay
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
According to the Sport Rider magazine's dyno the R6 has the most at 112.1 @ 14k RPM
 

·
Habitual line-stepper
Joined
·
11,594 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
According to the Sport Rider magazine's dyno the R6 has the most at 112.1 @ 14k RPM
that's the most powerful, but it doesn't mean it's the fastest.

Also- it only makes the most peak power... every bike is ahead of it through the entire RPM range until the very end.

I think the ZX-6R (if you consider that a 600) has the most total power, even though the peak power is lower. Or maybe the Daytona 675 (again, not a true 600), but i havent seen it compared to the others.

It all depends on what "fastest" you mean. Fastest to 60? 100? Standing quarter mile? From 100-150?

They're all SOOOO close that with an average rider, they are all exactly the same speed. :)
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
redwings2000 said:
more power doesnt alwasy mean faster.

true, depends on the rider, tires, road conditions, temperature, wind resistance, aerodynamics, body position, angles and a whole list of other things. I figured the OP was talking about stock bikes and according to dynos but in the top speed test that Sport Rider did as well was 167.4 mph also with the R6 and that was the fastest speed they did of the 600 series bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
What kind of fastest?

Top speed?
Quarter mile? 0-60? 0-100?
high-speed roll-ons?
Fastest around a track? Which track?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
they are all so close that out on the street it would depend on the rider which bike is fastest. it doesnt really matter in the end though. todays 600 are mostly bought on preference or what people at the local burger join will think is coolest
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Fuck it! Here is what Sport Rider said in their 2006 July issue and the 600 Shootout article
Quarter Mile Top Speed
CBR600RR ('06) 7/06 10.571 @ 132.48 3.79 3.77 162.3
ZX-6R ('06) 7/06 10.583 @ 132.84 3.68 3.6 166.1
ZX-6RR ('06) 7/06 10.871 @ 129.04 3.79 3.66 156.9 (gearing limited)
GSX-R600 ('06) 7/06 10.641 @ 132.71 3.93 4.4 163.3
YZF-R6 ('06) 7/06 10.738 @ 132.94 4.25 4.75 167.4
Daytona 675 ('06) 7/06 10.533 @ 132.91 3.36 3.43 158.8 (gearing limited)


Check the pages here http://sportrider.com/bikes/146_performance_numbers/
 

·
The Santee Tony
Joined
·
879 Posts
sv4me said:
Todays 600 are mostly bought on preference or what people at the local burger join will think is coolest
+1

Most of us aren't good enough riders for the performance differences to even matter.
 

·
Habitual line-stepper
Joined
·
11,594 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Fuck it! Here is what Sport Rider said in their 2006 July issue and the 600 Shootout article
Quarter Mile Top Speed
CBR600RR ('06) 7/06 10.571 @ 132.48 3.79 3.77 162.3
ZX-6R ('06) 7/06 10.583 @ 132.84 3.68 3.6 166.1
ZX-6RR ('06) 7/06 10.871 @ 129.04 3.79 3.66 156.9 (gearing limited)
GSX-R600 ('06) 7/06 10.641 @ 132.71 3.93 4.4 163.3
YZF-R6 ('06) 7/06 10.738 @ 132.94 4.25 4.75 167.4
Daytona 675 ('06) 7/06 10.533 @ 132.91 3.36 3.43 158.8 (gearing limited)


Check the pages here http://sportrider.com/bikes/146_performance_numbers/

Ummm.... go Triumph??

:D
 

·
Habitual line-stepper
Joined
·
11,594 Posts
RipCurl808 said:
man sportsrider must have had a shitty rider on the r6.
Ninesecondjen ran 10.6 on her 06 R6 at Houston. I think she ran a faster time later. All stock. Not even lowered
It's ENTIRELY possible. That's why you need to run them all at the same time on the same day on the same track.

Some tracks grip better for launches. A cooler day will give you a couple more HP from the air being denser, as will a lower elevation.

Also- the wind plays a large factor.

Those times are not set in stone, but the relations to the other bikes should be aparrent.

:)
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
RipCurl808 said:
man sportsrider must have had a shitty rider on the r6.
Ninesecondjen ran 10.6 on her 06 R6 at San Antonio. I think she ran a faster time later. All stock. Not even lowered

These were dyno runs, ninesecondjen had the benefit of ram air induction where the dyno doesn't
 

·
The Santee Tony
Joined
·
879 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
These were dyno runs, ninesecondjen had the benefit of ram air induction where the dyno doesn't
Not to mention the fact that I'm about 230lbs with all my gear on...The average female is probably half that....Unless I'm a DR specialist, she's probably gonna beat me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
i agree the 675 has the gearing for roll-on
 
1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Top