Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Apprentice wheelieist
833 Posts
I like them both ways but the bike I'm riding these days is a naked, and it works great in town. Not having to worry about dropping it is a major plus too.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Love having a fairing ,I cannot stand riding a naked bike with the wind tugging and pulling at you, rain tears at you, triple digits are unbearable, just cannot find any cover.

Good for riding around town and thats about it.

·
Jack of all trades
54 Posts
Did a VT to MD trek on my S4 (naked 600). It was rough and my neck and shoulders were sore from trying to keep steady in the wind. But I do like the wind on hot days. There really is only one solution. Get one of each.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Love having a fairing ,I cannot stand riding a naked bike with the wind tugging and pulling at you, rain tears at you, triple digits are unbearable, just cannot find any cover.

Good for riding around town and thats about it.
Its not bad at all when youre going with the wind. It is scary if youre fighting it though.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Naked all 3 of my bikes are naked... don't find any problem with the wind rain or triple digits.... but thats just me
Thats just becouse you dont know any better yet. Ride a bike with a fairing for awhile and you will be shoving those standards up someones ass.

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Thats just becouse you dont know any better yet. Ride a bike with a fairing for awhile and you will be shoving those standards up someones ass.

I have a Double Bubble windscreen on my CBR and I get windlash same as my XT550 'naked' at the same speeds. I even have the windscreen with the raised middle to take some wind off me and it is still just as bad. The only portion it does crap for is my body from my chest down to my waist....oh wow, just where I need the wind for ventilation :eek:nfloor

Sorry, the only time the windscreen proves itself is above 100 MPH....and if your doing that for an extended amount of time off the track... your giving us a bad reputation as a 'scene' anyways.

Now, onto the topic: I prefer naked for looks and ergos....and wind. I'm hoping my next bike is either an FZ1 or a Ducati Hypermotard :boink

·
5,455 Posts
some of the bikes that come naked from the factory like Z1000's and speed triples look nice although i still prefer full fairings. most do it yourself nakeds and "street fighters" end up looking like shit though

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
naked. i even took the small bikini fairing off that came on my bike for street riding. all it did was direct turbulent air at my head and shoulders. running fully naked i get hit with a bit more wind but at least it is clean air.

·
ZRX Pilot
419 Posts
Naked all 3 of my bikes are naked... don't find any problem with the wind rain or triple digits.... but thats just me

+1, love the nekkid. :bowdown

·
Win!
366 Posts
I have a Double Bubble windscreen on my CBR and I get windlash same as my XT550 'naked' at the same speeds. I even have the windscreen with the raised middle to take some wind off me and it is still just as bad. The only portion it does crap for is my body from my chest down to my waist....oh wow, just where I need the wind for ventilation :eek:nfloor

Sorry, the only time the windscreen proves itself is above 100 MPH....and if your doing that for an extended amount of time off the track... your giving us a bad reputation as a 'scene' anyways.

Now, onto the topic: I prefer naked for looks and ergos....and wind. I'm hoping my next bike is either an FZ1 or a Ducati Hypermotard :boink

:bs

·
Win!
366 Posts
Naked, unless I'm going anywhere outside of the city. I love the naked look, just looks raw, unkept, and hooligan-ready.

Anything above 60-70 and I need a fairing...and I'm usually in a full tuck. Hell, I do 100+ fairly often...and yes--off the track, and on the freeway with kids and mothers watching. :twofinger

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
I'll take pics of both bikes next to each other if you need to see the windscreen, and as far as my experience, I have 1.5 seasons on the XT, and 1/2 a season on the CBR, I can assure you I feel very little difference if any until your close to 100 (XT only went 90 MPH anyways).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts