Sport Bikes banner

Farenheit 9/11

2K views 49 replies 24 participants last post by  King Cobra 
#1 ·
I'm not actually reviewing the movie, but wondering if anyone saw it and what they thought of it.

#3 ·
Haven't seen it and have no need to. Straight up Bullshit. It's very one-sided bashing Bush 100%. I've seen a few clips and I think the director twisted every situation out to be something its not. I'm all for freedom of speech, but this movie shouldn't be allowed in theatres. Only cause of the simple fact some people are easily influenced and cannot form their own opinions.

#4 ·
I saw the movie tonight. It was a very powerful piece. I think you should see it before dismissing the whole thing as bullshit. The end is actually a very touching commentary on war in general. I would say it is worth seeing if for no other reason then it will get people talking.

#7 ·
I was simply pointing out that certain less than admirable historical personalities would have agreed to the suggested restrictions on peoples' rights on the basis that they were too stupid to know what was best for them. Don't be so defensive because more of history's jackasses were from your camp.

#9 ·
f4igrad said:
saw it last night and thought it was amazing. Tues night, 10:30 show, sold out, standing ovation in the conservative South. That says something.

Says there are more Ohio and Michigan natives moving to the south to avoid the bad weather

Charlotte NC is the ONLY liberal city in NC and 90% of the residence are northerners that relocated for jobs

#12 ·
ZeuSeason said:
Haven't seen it and have no need to. Straight up Bullshit. It's very one-sided bashing Bush 100%. I've seen a few clips and I think the director twisted every situation out to be something its not. I'm all for freedom of speech, but this movie shouldn't be allowed in theatres. Only cause of the simple fact some people are easily influenced and cannot form their own opinions.
He asked if anybody saw it and if so, what there opinion of it was. Why are you responding if you never saw it?

#15 ·
You don't have to see 911 to be WELL AWARE Micheal Moore isn't fond of this thing called THE TRUTH

Take a look at ANY of his other documentaries and see that plane and simple.

You CAN make a judgement call based on a mans past....You will be doing that in November when you VOTE.....you can't POSSIBLY see whats gonna happen for the next 4 years but you CAN make a judgement call based on the PAST 4, as well as the pancake flopping of someone who's NOT been in the white house. Look at HIS last 4 years and you can see a GRETA DEAL of what the next 4 would be about

So...his opinion DOES mean something..it's based on his knowledge of what the MAKER of the film is known for...and it's NOT for brining you the facts....moreso he's known for bringing you his uncompromising liberal agenda

#17 ·
Not as far as this movie goes, sounds like an opinion of Micheal Moore to me, not of the movie, maybe the movie would change his mind? Sounds you guys want to turn a movie review into a politcal argument. He didn't ask if you thought Micheal Moore and his view are bullshit, he asked if anybody saw the movie and if so, what they thought of it? Seems simple to me

#19 · (Edited)
I saw it. Very entertaining, it was completely sold out on a Sunday night because some conservative theater companies have refused to show it. The part with the mother and the dead son in the Army was heartbreaking. The whole family had been in the military for several generations and this was the first time they felt like they had given a realtives life for no reason. They had even been big Vietnam war supporters. Tragic when that women accusses her of lying about her dead son.

#20 ·
feltted said:
I saw it. Very entertaining, it was completely sold out on a Sunday night because some conservative theater companies have refused to show it. The part with the mother and the dead son in the Army was heartbreaking. The whole family had been in the military for several generations and this was the first time they felt like they had given a realtives life for no reason. They had even been big Vietnam war supporters. Tragic when that women accusses her of lying about her dead son.

"They" didn't GIVE a relatives life away, regardless of the cause. That relative VOLUNTEERED to serve his country and unfortunately paid the ultimate price. He should be remembered as a hero, not politicized in a hypocritical, blatantly untruthful liberal propaganda piece.

Nig, you've got it all wrong. Just because liberals equate Hitler with conservatives doesn't make it the truth. From what I've seen it's the liberals that SAY they are all for equality and the common man that have the most resemblence to history's monsters, i.e. Stalin, Lennon and Marx. Go find something else out of the liberal play book to slander people with.

M.

#21 ·
I will not be seeing it. I too am not a fan of Michael Moore and do not want to give him any of my money. He promotes his movies as "documentaries", but you'll be hard-pressed to find any critic who can honestly say that his movies are actually that... documentaries. Sure, it may be entertaining or even enlightening, but what Mr. Moore does in many cases is stretch the truth to the point of lying.

A friend of mine saw "Bowling for Columbine" and thought it was a great movie. Now, he hates Moore. Why? Because he found out Moore edited/spliced many of the scenes to make his point... not to show the truth... which is what a documentary normally does.

There are plenty of websites out there that point out the "fallacies" in all of Mr. Moore's work (film and book alike). Just do a quick Google search on "Michael Moore" and "lies". I'm serious... try it.

If you enjoy the movie or any of his work, that's great, I'm sure it's entertaining. My problem is that it should be categorized as fiction, not as a documentary.

By the way, I've heard that there's a movie in the works that basically is a documentary on Moore and his work... and exposes it. It'd be interesting if that actually makes it to the big screen.

#24 ·
i saw it and thought it was one of the best movies ive seen in years

i was very skeptical of moore because i read about his editing in bowling for columbine, but he provides very good footage and information in this film. highly recommended.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.